Partner does nothing | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Partner does nothing

Does anyones partner come home from work and help out with the kids, dishes etc? Because mine doesn't. Even on weekends.
    I am finding myself getting really stressed and frustrated at him for the past 6 months+ because he seems to think because he works he gets to come home and sit on his ****, watch TV, not help with the kids and complain when I ask him to help me.
    I am a stay at home mum and try my very best to keep this house in order but that doesnt mean I should be the only person that does everything surely? He asks for half an hour to relax when he gets home and I agree to that but even after 2 hours he's still complaining? It's not like he has a hard labourers job, he sits at a desk and if he isn't doing that he's driving.
    I don't know if it's because he is lazy or I'm being unreasonable?
    I've always grown up with my father, uncles etc working hard jobs and coming home and being happy to help with whatever needs to be done despite how tired they were and my mother, some of my aunties were stay at home mums for a long time.
    Pretty much just a rant but I feel so alone with everything and that he doesn't see he has other responsibilities

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    He's lazy. If he lived alone he'd have to cook and clean for himself so why does he get out of it because he's married?

3. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

3cats1pug  (20-11-2015),azelqra  (19-11-2015),Frankenmum  (19-11-2015),gingermillie  (19-11-2015),KitiK  (19-11-2015),lilypily  (19-11-2015),Phony  (19-11-2015),Renn  (19-11-2015),VicPark  (20-11-2015),Wise Enough  (19-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaGal View Post
    He's lazy. If he lived alone he'd have to cook and clean for himself so why does he get out of it because he's married?
    Yep. This

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaGal View Post
    If he lived on his own he would be buying take away every night. He can not cook to save his life unless he's using a BBQ.

Thanks
    Reviews
    He is lazy and treating you like crap.
    My DF has an insanely stressful job yet he comes home, has a 15 min shower to wind down then everything is 50%.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (16-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lazy and/or doesn't understand what your 'job' really entails.
    Everything's split in this household. Of course there's stuff we don't want to do, but keeping the house and family running is a responsibility we share.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are supposed to be moving out in 2 weeks and he hasn't even cut up all the tree branches he put in the shed over 4 months ago when he trimmed a few overhanging trees. I have been out there slowly sawing them up day by day in the lovely Brisbane weather. I am also pregnant so it's the last thing I want to be doing but I think if he isn't going to do it then I have to or its never ever going to get done.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, agree with others, he's lazy. Have you tried to talk with him without having an actually go at him? DH went through a stage where he was coming home and sitting on the lounge when he got home and would only do things if I asked repetitively. I turned around to him and said how I was feeling, how exhausted I am running around after the kids and keeping house etc, he completely understood. Ever since he'll come home cook, clean, help with school lunches etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyG4 View Post
    Yep, agree with others, he's lazy. Have you tried to talk with him without having an actually go at him? DH went through a stage where he was coming home and sitting on the lounge when he got home and would only do things if I asked repetitively. I turned around to him and said how I was feeling, how exhausted I am running around after the kids and keeping house etc, he completely understood. Ever since he'll come home cook, clean, help with school lunches etc.
    I have sat down and talked to him a few times and it still doesn't help. He seems to think I dont do anything and as soon as I say how I am feeling he makes it all about himself. I don't really know what else to say. He always seems to put words in my mouth to make himself feel victimised. Most of the time I just get so frustrated at how he is acting I just get up and walk away mid conversation because I just can't believe how ridiculous he is being.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What if you sit him down and ask why your job is 24/7 and his has an end time? I find my hubby will get a bit blind to what needs doing, but I ask him which job he wants to do. I'll say "do you want to do the baths, or clean up the kitchen etc?" Or whatever the things that need doing. It kinda reminds him that it's not all my job.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ruby_Tuesday15 For This Useful Post:

BluePixie  (20-11-2015),Californication  (19-11-2015),Wise Enough  (19-11-2015)