+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We had one dog. She was great. Then I "had" to have another dog. They egged each other on in the worst exploits and helped each other escape from the yard to go on escapades lol. I'm firmly in the "one dog!" camp lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby_Tuesday15 View Post
    We had one dog. She was great. Then I "had" to have another dog. They egged each other on in the worst exploits and helped each other escape from the yard to go on escapades lol. I'm firmly in the "one dog!" camp lol
    Yeah that's a thing. Of our two, the first one never barked, didn't chew or dig and only did poos in one corner in the back of the yard. So polite, so respectful.

Then we got the terror! Her damage bill is several thousand dollars in shoes and sunglasses and trees believe it or not, and she's taught the good dog to dig!!

Labs are nice though. Might be better behaved.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    See my life is so simple with our dogs. They get a walk in leash every evening. I often take the kids with me after bath but otherwise it's my me time and I love it.

Our 2 just slot in to our lives so easily. We live a 5 minute walk from a fabulous dog beach and spend most evenings in summer down there with the 4 kids and the 2 dogs just hanging out and splashing in the waves with them.

Our Jack Russell barely sheds and we clip the retriever in summer so very little hair.

Some people wouldn't have 4 kids because it's too much work. Many feel that way about dogs. I love having 2 and know that's how it will always be for our family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think we're going to end up taking her. I think DH is taken with her already.
    The only one dog points are very valid but most things don't concern us.
    Our kids are older and we're not having anymore. They are 15, 12 and 6 so I'm not fussing with prams or babies anymore and the boys are more than capable of either taking them for walks or joining us which they usually do anyway. We are 5 minutes from 3 dog beaches so in the summer we are there 3 or 4 nights a week.
    The only thing that I know I'll have to get used to again is all the hair. Our old lab shed so much I don't know how she had fur left and I am a neat freak but as soon as we ripped up our slate and put laminate down, I didn't notice the hair as much and I did get a robot vacuum 😆 I tend to vacuum every other day anyway.
    The poo will suck but it's the boys job to pick it up everyday so it's not that much of an issue.
    We also have lots of friends and family who we can leave them with if we have too.
    I'm still anxious about it but that's because I am the most indecisive person I know and have to analyse everything to death but we're kind of already talking like she's here 😉

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CanadianKangaroo For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (20-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Yay! It will be rough at first but at least she's not a tiny puppy. She sounds perfect!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I love having three dogs and I'll always have two dogs. I find its better they keep each other company.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love having two dog! We have two labs, 5 and 1 and wouldn't have it any other way! Two puppies though that's definitely going to be a lot of work. I would probably wait a year or so to get the second.

It is much more work as everyone has said, more food, more poo, more money but so much more love. My heart melts every time they snuggle together ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1447932606.339390.jpg

9. The Following User Says Thank You to A&S For This Useful Post:

CanadianKangaroo  (21-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby_Tuesday15 View Post
    Yep this was us!! Definitely only a one dog family (plus the cat who thinks he's a dog)

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianKangaroo View Post
    Our kids are older and we're not having anymore. They are 15, 12 and 6 so I'm not fussing with prams or babies anymore and the boys are more than capable of either taking them for walks or joining us which they usually do anyway. We are 5 minutes from 3 dog beaches so in the summer we are there 3 or 4 nights a week.
    The only thing that I know I'll have to get used to again is all the hair. Our old lab shed so much I don't know how she had fur left and I am a neat freak but as soon as we ripped up our slate and put laminate down, I didn't notice the hair as much and I did get a robot vacuum 😆 I tend to vacuum every other day anyway.
    The poo will suck but it's the boys job to pick it up everyday so it's not that much of an issue.
    We also have lots of friends and family who we can leave them with if we have too.
    I'm still anxious about it but that's because I am the most indecisive person I know and have to analyse everything to death but we're kind of already talking like she's here 😉
    Ah well the kids would make all the difference. Old enough to help walk the dogs! 👍🏻
    Good for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianKangaroo View Post
    Ah, having kids that are old enough to be on pooper scooper and walking duty makes all the difference! Can't wait till DS is old enough to pooper scoop!

She looks like a great big sweetie