+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    OK this is harder than I though. Technically we have the room, just not room in the kitchen area for two crates so she'd either have to not sleep in a crate or we can put her in the laundry and she'd have access to the dog door.
    The breeder has said she is wonderfully trained. Walks great on and off the lead, totally housebroken and loves her other dogs. She gets a bit anxious on her own so she wants her to go to someone with another dog.
    I work 3 days and do sometimes wish I had a friend for Bailey because I feel bad that she's on her own all day.
    We probably won't do it but it's taking all my will power.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Based of this response I would say do it...She sounds lovely BTW, but then most labs are just big gorgeous goof balls.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianKangaroo View Post
    OK this is harder than I though. Technically we have the room, just not room in the kitchen area for two crates so she'd either have to not sleep in a crate or we can put her in the laundry and she'd have access to the dog door.
    The breeder has said she is wonderfully trained. Walks great on and off the lead, totally housebroken and loves her other dogs. She gets a bit anxious on her own so she wants her to go to someone with another dog.
    I work 3 days and do sometimes wish I had a friend for Bailey because I feel bad that she's on her own all day.
    We probably won't do it but it's taking all my will power.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    OMG I want her!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know right? She's hard to resist. Here is our current baby

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CanadianKangaroo For This Useful Post:

MrsSS  (20-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    they are both beautiful! I'd do it. We have a 2yo choc lab and I'd get another in a heartbeat!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So cute. I'm also surprised that most people don't like having two dogs. We've always had minimum 2 dogs my whole life other than that one year, wouldn't have it any other way!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    OMGAWD I take it all back...to h3ll with poo and fur and chaos...dooooiiittttt!
    (As you can see, I am not good at being the voice of reason! Haha Lucky hubby can stand strong!)
    Seriously. Do it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Agree with scuba!!
    Sooooo much harder with 2!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Hahahahaha you're gonna be sorry!!

Good luck to you. Maybe buy a robot vacuum cleaner for all the hair. So much hair.

Full disclosure: growing up I've always had two dogs. My mum had three dogs at one point. I love and have loved them all.

There are times I'm glad of both dogs, like if I ever feel unsafe at home I know ain't nobody coming in our house with all the noise that two shepherd crosses make.

But with a new baby, it really is a much harder chore that every day my day revolves around trying to get the two dogs, baby and pram to the off leash park for a run.

Seriously. It goes:

Get baby ready - feed, change
    Get pram in car - this is a struggle because where with one dog I could maybe fit the pram in the boot with the dog, with two that's the whole boot gone
    Get dogs in car
    Drive to park
    Assemble pram
    Baby in pram
    Let dogs out who explode out of the boot because with two of them it's instant chaos
    Fail to get baby to sleep with two dogs constantly running over to the pram and barking at each other
    Pick up poos - not one per dog but sometimes several per dog if they are in the mood. The most I've had to pick up is five poos in one park trip
    Everyone back in car
    Home
    Collapse, swear I'm not doing it tomorrow

...wake up, repeat.

It would be so nice to just walk to the park with one dog on a leash but once you've got two and they form a pack if you leave one at home they howl and howl. It's worse than leaving a solo dog home.

I'd love to go camping with DH and DS and even to a dog friendly place but those aren't really meant for two lunatic dogs... One well behaved one maybe...

My advice is think about all the practicalities - how will you walk two dogs? Will you and your husband always be able to do the walks together?

Is your car big enough for two dogs plus kids and prams?

Are you planning anymore kids?

Do you like to go on holidays?

Do you rent or own? If renting, finding a place with one dog is hard enough but no sane landlord is renting to the two dog family...

Can you afford the pet insurance?

If all of this is not an issue then go for it, you'll have two lovely doggy personalities to love.