+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    kiwimum890 is offline It won't happen overnight, but it will happen!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't get it either, maybe it is just my kids but I always find with the Bonds items the fabric pills really bad (the little tiny balls of fabric when it has been worn a lot).

No way would I buy them at a crazy price like that, I usually only buy them when they are 30-40% off anyway...

Besides that print of the onesie in the picture is kinda ugly lol...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    It's a bit like the second hand nappy market. I've seen rare prints go for around $200 for a 'used' nappy. People collect them and want the whole set. Many have not actually been used at all.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DJ Nette For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (19-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re-selling Bonds stuff - what's it all about?

My theory is bonds publicity or sales staff are buying them, to create publicity and to encourage others to pay full price for last season's stock instead of flogging them on sale 😉

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (19-11-2015),LoveLivesHere  (19-11-2015)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Renn View Post
    Supply and demand. If lots of people really want something, then up goes the price. Seems nuts but hey, if they have the money; their choice.
    This reminds me of my favourite Asterix story - Obelix and Co, where I first learnt about capitalism.

They should make an Australian version having Bonds.

I know no one will know what I'm talking about :-)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (19-11-2015)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    This reminds me of my favourite Asterix story - Obelix and Co, where I first learnt about capitalism.

This post is even more confusing than the $182 Bonds suit.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

JustJaq  (19-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

wat.jpg

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

JustJaq  (19-11-2015),LittleBug'sMum  (19-11-2015)

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re-selling Bonds stuff - what's it all about?

I love bond zips for babies it was all Ds wore when he was a little baby but I bought mine from bonds for 2 for $30 or when target and big w were having a sale :-)
    I did buy 1 suit from a fb page for $25 posted :-) so they didn't get much of a profit on that

when ds outgrew his winter ones I sold a box of 000-00 suits plus a few jumpers for $100 (25-27 items and one suit was dd3 an orange tiger one I think it was called I saw them go for $40-$60 I had no interest in making a profit on suits my son had worn)
    Last edited by bunkx; 19-11-2015 at 15:18.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    This post is even more confusing than the $182 Bonds suit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    This should've all been covered if you did European history at school, but anyway... Asterix and Obelix were two warriors from ancient history. Their zany exploits and masterminding of multiple defeats of the nearby Roman camps are documented in a range of amusing and engaging comic books by renowned historians Goscinny and Uderzo.

One of these tales, Obelix and Co, chronicles the events when one particularly savvy Roman tries to beat the Gauls with the almighty dollar (in these times known as a sestertius) rather than violence, by producing a false economy based on artificial inflation of supply and demand of Obelix's stone creations 'menhirs'. As money and riches threaten to divide the Gaulish village.

The happenings in this historical event remind me of the inflation caused by the radically overstated demand of these Bonds Wondersuits. It would be interesting to rewrite the story using Bonds products rather than 'menhirs'.

I hope this clarifies my comment. Meanies.

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1447921241.952504.jpg

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1447921277.552876.jpg

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1447921285.953952.jpg

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1447921294.505243.jpg

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (19-11-2015),JustJaq  (19-11-2015),Mod-Nomsie  (19-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @harvs 😭 I have to relay the conversation I just had with my DH.
    Me: do you know who asterix and obelix are?
    DH: rolls eyes. What do you think I'm a moron?
    Me: so you know them?
    DH: of course
    Me: well I don't
    DH: that's because you're a moron
    Cue half hour (ok 5 minute) lecture, sorry explanation, on asterix and obelix including showing me websites 😂

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (19-11-2015),harvs  (19-11-2015),Little Miss Sunshine  (20-11-2015),Mamasupial  (19-11-2015)

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    This should've all been covered if you did European history at school, but anyway... Asterix and Obelix were two warriors from ancient history. Their zany exploits and masterminding of multiple defeats of the nearby Roman camps are documented in a range of amusing and engaging comic books by renowned historians Goscinny and Uderzo.

One of these tales, Obelix and Co, chronicles the events when one particularly savvy Roman tries to beat the Gauls with the almighty dollar (in these times known as a sestertius) rather than violence, by producing a false economy based on artificial inflation of supply and demand of Obelix's stone creations 'menhirs'. As money and riches threaten to divide the Gaulish village.

The happenings in this historical event remind me of the inflation caused by the radically overstated demand of these Bonds Wondersuits. It would be interesting to rewrite the story using Bonds products rather than 'menhirs'.

I hope this clarifies my comment. Meanies.

Attachment 75497

Attachment 75498

Attachment 75499

Attachment 75500
    It was so worth opening this thread just to read that post. Gold! *high five*

I have read most of the Asterix and Co books, but I would say maybe 18 or so years ago. Really should get back into them and try and hook my boys!

And ps to everyone- I personally find that Bonds suit to be really ugly- it looks like a kid ate a field of fluro flowers and vomited it everywhere. *shudder* good luck to the person who paid through the nose for that! 😂

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

JustJaq  (19-11-2015)