+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re-selling Bonds stuff - what's it all about?

A post in another thread (the hilarous Tell Em They're Dreaming - Buy Swap and Sell thread) got me thinking about the market in second hand Bonds stuff - zippy wondersuits in particular, some of which are selling for exorbitant prices. What's it all about?

I followed a search on Ebay recently, out of interest, and a short zippy suit sold for $182! Yep, $182 - about 10 times what it would have sold for originally. It was apparently "very rare", a "unicorn". There were 10 bidders!

What's with this?? Why would someone pay this much?

I figure they're either going to get their bub to wear it, or hold on to it for a bit and hope to re-sell it for more.

If they're planning on their kid wearing it - why on earth would they pay this much? Sure, the suit was kinda cute - but lots of kids clothes are cute. Making kids look cute is like shooting fish in a barrel - you don't need a particularly cute Wondersuit for that. Most kids could look cute in a hessian sack I reckon And imagine the stress of your little one pooing in a $182 wondersuit! Surely you'd be anxious the whole time your bub was wearing it!

If they're planning on reselling it later - surely no-one would pay more than that, even if the suit becomes more 'rare'. Reminds me of that Simpsons episode where Homer invests all his money in pumpkin futures before Halloween, then is stuck with a bunch of worthless rotting pumpkins after Halloween.

So - can anyone enlighten me? What's this Bonds re-sale market all about? Has anyone paid a lot for re-sold Bonds stuff? If so, why? I'm genuinely curious.

Here's the Wondersuit that sold for $182

Bonds zippy.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    This puzzles me too. I just don't get it. The suit pictured is sweet but nothing special. I probably wouldn't even buy that one at full price (cheapskate that I am).

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TeaAndToast For This Useful Post:

GrabbyCrabby  (20-11-2015),JustJaq  (19-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Id give em 50c

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DaveTTC For This Useful Post:

JustJaq  (19-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't understand it either.
    We have minimal bonds baby clothes here, you can buy much nicer and much better quality kids clothes. Especially for $182!!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Alicia111 For This Useful Post:

JustJaq  (19-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't get it either, I buy bulk lots on eBay in good second hand condition. Could prob clothe a kid for $182 through to size 0.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mkj For This Useful Post:

JustJaq  (19-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah, i don't think the suit is anything special either. Cute, but I'd probably only pay about $15 for it at most. I do like Bonds clothes, they are cute, and the zippy suits are great - but Bonds makes heaps of them! Buy a new one! Pick another pattern!

I reckon my bub's whole summer wardrobe will be less than $182!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't understand it myself - I love the zippy wonder suits but refuse to pay full price for them, I only ever buy them on sale!

The girly confetti Christmas wonder suits from last year were selling for ridiculous amounts earlier this year, until bonds re-released it. There's one on eBay at the moment with an asking price of $189.95! 😳

I buy clothes for my kids to wear, and I could never bring myself to spend that much on something that we use as PJs, and gets made a mess of!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's crazy isn't it - you see Tulas and stuff going for way above retail too. I don't get it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    None of it makes sense

Maybe the people who are into this craze also cannot explain it? It's clearly a thing, but why?!!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (19-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I think they are like expensive prams, where they have become 'cool' for mothers to own. I always snigger at the rare and unicorn labels.... which essentially means last years designs that they aren't making anymore..... which can be found in 5000 stores all around Aust lol like those confetti ones. Women go nuts for them bc they are 'rare' yet I've seen a million of them

AS I said, many of the women who pay these outrageous prices admit to having a Bonds addiction and I don't think they mean that metaphorically. Then you have the vultures that buy suits for the express purpose of making huge $$ off the back of the women addicted to bonds.