+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Steelcraft Strider Compact Travel System

Hi ladies

Could anyone explain to me what the purpose of each of the seats serve in the Strider Compact Travel System. And what ages and different circumstances you would use each?

- Normal pram seat
    - Capsule
    - Bassinet

Thank you 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had the Strider Plus for my first baby (sold it and have a different set up now for DD). I used the capsule for about 6 months and it was great to go from house - car - pram without having to wake him. I just left the normal pram seat at home in that time. Then when he went into a normal car seat I used the normal pram seat. I didn't get the bassinet because I figured I'd just use the capsule and I never needed it! I think it would be great if you just used a normal car seat instead of a capsule though.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubintummy For This Useful Post:

MrsMummaButterfly  (19-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubintummy View Post
    I had the Strider Plus for my first baby (sold it and have a different set up now for DD). I used the capsule for about 6 months and it was great to go from house - car - pram without having to wake him. I just left the normal pram seat at home in that time. Then when he went into a normal car seat I used the normal pram seat. I didn't get the bassinet because I figured I'd just use the capsule and I never needed it! I think it would be great if you just used a normal car seat instead of a capsule though.
    Thank you 😊

Did you use the capsule as the car seat in both your's and your partners car? How long are they allowed to stay in it for (up to 6 months?)

With the bassinet i heard somewhere that newborns need to lay flat, is this why they offer the bassinet option?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsLadyBugg View Post
    Thank you 😊

Did you use the capsule as the car seat in both your's and your partners car? How long are they allowed to stay in it for (up to 6 months?)

With the bassinet i heard somewhere that newborns need to lay flat, is this why they offer the bassinet option?
    They can stay in the capsule until their shoulders meet the height markers - approx 6 months.

It's not recommended for a child to be in a capsule for more than 2 hours at a time.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

MrsMummaButterfly  (19-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    They can stay in the capsule until their shoulders meet the height markers - approx 6 months.

It's not recommended for a child to be in a capsule for more than 2 hours at a time.
    Thanks @amyd
    I guess this would be why you would use a bassinet for long outings etc when they are newborns?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have also been reading that it may not be worth buying the capsule as bub can get too used to not being woken up and then once they have outgrown its more disruptive... And they can only use it up to 6 months, is it better to buy a convertible car seat?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have also been reading that it may not be worth buying the capsule as bub can get too used to not being woken up and then once they have outgrown its more disruptive... And they can only use it up to 6 months, is it better to buy a convertible car seat?
    It very much depends on the child. And size wise if you have a little bubba you can get longer than 6 months.

I had a capsule and bassinet but I didn't use the capsule on my pram just for quick carries into childcare etc. we lived 45 minutes out of town to on town days I tried to use the bassinet and walk otherwise my kids got terrible wind pain.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It very much depends on the child. And size wise if you have a little bubba you can get longer than 6 months.

I had a capsule and bassinet but I didn't use the capsule on my pram just for quick carries into childcare etc. we lived 45 minutes out of town to on town days I tried to use the bassinet and walk otherwise my kids got terrible wind pain.
    Thanks @amyd you have been a huge help 😊

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks @amyd you have been a huge help 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you 😊

We would just take my car if we were going out, so I didn't need to use the capsule in my DH car but you can get a second base to put in another car so it can be used in both.

The bassinet is probably more comfortable for a long outing, but another option is to keep the pram seat in the car if you will be out for a long time. The seat lays nice and flat and can face you, and it would be fine to use if you didn't want the extra expense of purchasing a bassinet as well 😊. I asked our paed about using the capsule for longer than 2 hours and they said it was absolutely fine and would not affect his spine etc (and he is 3 and completely healthy!)