+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 6 month old unsettled evenings

Hi all
    My 6mo has all of a sudden become a handful in the evenings!
    After her bedtime of 7-7.30 she gets up every 40mins. It's like she catnaps till the dream feed then sleeps through the night!

Is it separation anxiety or hunger God knows! Often a quick shh pat settles her. But lately that's not working either. She self settles all the time so unlikely to have an association to anything!
    I thought it's the 5th leap in wonder weeks. But It's a month already of this

Has anyone's baby done this around 6m!!?
    Her day and overnight sleeps is beautiful just the evenings!
    Please help ) tell me it'll stop

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes. My dd1 did this after starting solids at dinner time. Woke every bloody 40min ALL night till she was 9mths old. Then it passed. Urgh. Its the 6-8mth sleep regression

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Someday mama  (19-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Around 6 months some bubs are prepared to give up the third (short) day nap. If bub is aided to sleep (with a dummy, milk etc) that can increase the chances of waking. If bub is hungry (not enough solids/protein) that can also increase waking.

Not saying any of these are the cause behind your bubs waking - just something to think about.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Around 6 months some bubs are prepared to give up the third (short) day nap. If bub is aided to sleep (with a dummy, milk etc) that can increase the chances of waking. If bub is hungry (not enough solids/protein) that can also increase waking.

Not saying any of these are the cause behind your bubs waking - just something to think about.
    Yes ur right. I suspect she is hungry still. The thing is I try to give solids at 5. Then do a breastfeed before bed

I guess I try not to over feed solids at 5pm so she does have a good bf as that's more important.
    But yeah I think she needs more food.
    It's hard to feed etc etc as it's so stimulating just before bedtime. I don't know if I'm doing it right!

What was your lo 's routine? If u don't mind me asking

She has dropped her 3rd short nap too. So is tired by 7 so probably doesn't feed well.
    Do u think it's worth persisting with the third nap?! That means her bedtime maybe later. Around 8-8.30!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    7am wake and milk feed
    8am solids
    9:20am sleep
    11am wake and milk feed
    12 solids
    1:20pm sleep
    Bub wakes whenever (total day nap not to exceed more than 4 hours) then give milk
    5pm solids
    6:30pm milk
    7pm bed

7. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Someday mama  (19-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    7am wake and milk feed
    8am solids
    9:20am sleep
    11am wake and milk feed
    12 solids
    1:20pm sleep
    Bub wakes whenever (total day nap not to exceed more than 4 hours) then give milk
    5pm solids
    6:30pm milk
    7pm bed
    That looks like a good routine!
    How much solids/protein did u give?!
    In tbs
    Thanks so much for your help