+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by twentysomething View Post
    So I guess this sounds like my best option is to confront her.
    Any tips on how to get up the courage to actually do that?
    It is easier said then done. So... Techniques in developing strength to do it?
    I agree with the previous suggestion about getting conflict coaching first to give you some hints and tips about how to approach difficult conversations.

If it were me (and it's not) I wouldn't go to the other person with a big summary of everything they have done wrong. I would wait until then did someone specifically inappropriate and address than. The. Address the next thing and so on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys for any one following what happened here a bit of an update.
    I spoke with the industry councillor, she was lovely and very helpful and agreed that what was going on is not ok. She discussed with me and then said she would talk to my manager and see what they can arrange. She did ask me the alternative if things don't change I said "I would leave, i am not prepared to put up with bad behaviour"

So she called my manager and told him that this needed to be dealt with urgently... so the next afternoon, he said her down and talked to her, although not directly as in "you have had a bullying complained"
    He more had the "are you ok? I have noticed you have been very stressed lately.." discussion..

So not sure if this is going to be helpful or not, sadly I feel that she is the sort of person that is unlikely to change not matter what is said to her.
    I however feel very torn I feel I am very strong person and hate the thought of letting her beat me, which makes me angry. However I also feel like I dont wont to stick around so feel it's almost stronger to know when to call your battle and call it quits before it gets to bad..

So Ironically I just applied for a job on the wym and I have a interview with them this week! So that is very cool!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twentysomething For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (30-11-2015),Mamasupial  (30-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Have you talked to your supervisor about it yet? (In a non fluffing-around-the-point way)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @VicPark,
    yeah I had a chat to my boss and told him how upset I am feeling, however I think that although they are saying they "handled" it I really don't be
    ieve anything has changed.