Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @harvs you are a legend!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Nope.
    I'll be honest - I hate that kind of setup (free/cheap trial with automated payments unless you cancel), but she signed up and it's her responsibility.
    My partner runs a few businesses and, like you, is far too generous when it comes to trying to please customers/clients. Good customer service and a bit of flexibility goes a long way, but trying to please everyone just leaves your business failing.
    Be polite, but firm. Stick to your guns. Good luck

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Renn For This Useful Post:

Summer  (17-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    There is no way she didn't notice a year's subscription and four payments.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DT75 For This Useful Post:

Summer  (17-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Are you able to tell whether she's accessed the course material at all? (Just curious as I still think she's not entitled to a refund! Harvs' idea is cute but you can move emails to junk and mark them as unread...)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BettyW For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (18-11-2015),Summer  (17-11-2015)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyW View Post
    Are you able to tell whether she's accessed the course material at all? (Just curious as I still think she's not entitled to a refund! Harvs' idea is cute but you can move emails to junk and mark them as unread...)
    Yeah I know you can but imagine how much effort you'd have to go to!! Who's got time for that?!

I like the idea of tracking if she's accessed. Do they have a login or something?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

Summer  (17-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with others that you shouldn't give her a refund. At the end of the day, she ordered a product, has received the product and now basically wants you to refund her money... But she essentially gets to keep the product. It's not your concern if she availed herself of the courses or not. She had access to them which is what she paid for. If I subscribe to a magazine and the magazine is delivered to my house, after a year I can't just ask for my money back because I didn't read the magazines and forgot to cancel my subscription...!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TeaM For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (17-11-2015),Summer  (17-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TeaM View Post
    I agree with others that you shouldn't give her a refund. At the end of the day, she ordered a product, has received the product and now basically wants you to refund her money... But she essentially gets to keep the product. It's not your concern if she availed herself of the courses or not. She had access to them which is what she paid for. If I subscribe to a magazine and the magazine is delivered to my house, after a year I can't just ask for my money back because I didn't read the magazines and forgot to cancel my subscription...!
    Great analogy!

I can see where she's set up her subscription and registered and I can also see when the emails have gone out and if she's opened the email or not - which on several she has. So there is some evidence that she knew she was still subscribed although I can't tell if she has accessed more than the first module. But I give lifetime access to the modules she has paid for, so she can still log in at any time and download the course content.

I just sent an email to her - I refunded one payment and explained that this was generous because the terms are very clear and I linked the purchase agreement in the email, so I'll see what response I get!

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (17-11-2015),Chillies  (18-11-2015),Mod-Nomsie  (18-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Glad you didn't refund her in full. I wouldn't have given her anything!

I too run an online business, but selling goods. Recently someone contacted me saying an item was broken and they wanted a refund. It was purchase in May! And from the photos, it looks like it has been thrown and/or trodden on. I said nope. Wasn't easy as I don't like upsetting people either, but no store would refund a broken item after 6 months without a warranty, so why should I??

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

Summer  (17-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You are too kind hearted. I'm glad you didn't refund her in full!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to kriista For This Useful Post:

Summer  (18-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No refund. How does someone miss 12 emails and 4 amounts of money coming out of their account. Too bad, so sad.
    I don't mean to sound rude, but you can't let people walk all over you like this. Put your business first. Explain that it was her responsibility not yours.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to babymummatobe For This Useful Post:

Summer  (18-11-2015)