+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Unhappy Medicare Rebate - Sydney 2015

Hi everyone,

2 months ago I had my Nuchal Translucency (NT) Plus test and paid the total amount of $475 ($380 for the scan, $95 for the blood test). I knew this test was not compulsory but my GP recommended me to take it so I did. I've heard I'd be able to get some rebate from Medicare, but so far nothing

Have you taken the same test as mine? Did you get anything back from Medicare? Please share, thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I've received a rebate. Our scan was about half that price and because we are over the threshold we got most of it back. I think $35 out of pocket for it. I just put the rebate in today for bloods, waiting to see how much I get back for them.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TandR For This Useful Post:

Kumo  (17-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TandR View Post
    Yes I've received a rebate. Our scan was about half that price and because we are over the threshold we got most of it back. I think $35 out of pocket for it. I just put the rebate in today for bloods, waiting to see how much I get back for them.

Hi TandR,
    Did you put the rebate in yourself for the scan? Would you mind me asking how long it took you to get the $35 back from Medicare? Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If your receipt doesn't show a rebate, you should put a claim in to Medicare yourself. Some places do the claim for you, some don't.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JustJaq View Post
    If your receipt doesn't show a rebate, you should put a claim in to Medicare yourself. Some places do the claim for you, some don't.
    Hi
    The place I had the scan said they'd claim the rebate for me. I then waited almost 2 weeks and nothing came to my account. So I asked my hubby to grab a Medicare form, filled it in and sent it to Medicare. I've still got nothing so far
    Last edited by Kumo; 17-11-2015 at 11:54.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Check your receipt to see what it shows.

Best bet is to call Medicare to follow up and check bank account details etc.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JustJaq For This Useful Post:

Kumo  (17-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumo View Post
    Hi
    The place I had the scan said they'd do claim the rebate for me. I then waited almost 2 weeks and nothing came to my account. So I asked my hubby to grab a Medicare form, filled it in and sent it to Medicare. I've still got nothing so far
    Just a thought - are all your details up to date with Medicare (correct address, correct bank details etc)?

Have you called the scan place to double check they submitted your claim?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    Just a thought - are all your details up to date with Medicare (correct address, correct bank details etc)?

Have you called the scan place to double check they submitted your claim?
    I believe all my info is up to date as I've just got rebate from my morphology scan (only took me 1 day to get the money!)

I should def call the scan place to find out thanks Mod

Thanks
    Reviews
    It was in my account the same day as I paid for the scan because where I got the scan done, they processed it there and then for me. And I think you got confused with what I wrote... I only paid $35 out of pocket in the end. I think the scan was $180 and I got back $145. Only because we are over the threshold for the year.

But each place is different I believe and Medicare works out your rebate dependant on where you sit on the threshold.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to TandR For This Useful Post:

Kumo  (17-11-2015)