+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meredithgrey View Post
    It's a babes in arms session. You and your baby have every right to be noisy, so I wouldn't worry about that.

From other posters it's sounds like the majority are aware that it's babes in arms but go for the cheap tickets etc so they should be aware that there'll be babies crying.

You're never going to get a babes in arm session that is restricted only to people with babies, so you may just have to learn to feel comfortable with these non parent demographic people around.

Doesn't sound like anyone did anything specific to make you feel uncomfortable.....
    Agree 100%. But I would still feel uncomfortable. Just because that's the way I am. I shoosh my kids in busy shopping centres and feel like I'm constantly apologising for them annoying people even though 99% of the time I'm told they're fine/cute/funny, and my kids are generally really well behaved. Just how I roll though which is why I didn't go to those sessions with a baby.

As a movie goer though, while weird isn't the right word, I don't get why people would go to a baby session without babies. The price difference isn't worth it for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by meredithgrey View Post
    Which as you say, that's 100% due to how you feel, not how other people make you feel.

People do all sorts of things to save a few dollars. Price difference might not be worth it to you, but it would be worth it to a lot of other people.

I feel like you're trying to argue a point for the sake of it. The OP didn't say that other people *made* her feel the way she did, just that she did. There are few times that emotions and feelings are rational to every person. I just feel the way she was shot down was unnecessary. I see the benefit of the doubt, sometimes to the extreme, being given all the time on BH yet the OP was slammed for her feelings when we have no idea whether there are other reasons that would affect that.

And applying the logic you've used in the latter part of your post to the OP world be nice. People do different things, behave differently, react differently.

I'm not disagreeing with your message, but I do think the delivery of it was a bit off.

As a side note, the assumption that people are sinister and have bad intentions when it comes to kids, particularly men, is sad and an indictment on society. But I wasn't and am still not sure that's what the OP was alluding to.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Moxy For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-11-2015),Meld85  (17-11-2015),twinklify  (17-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    If I was the only person in one of these sessions with a baby of course I would feel a bit self conscious about disturbing people or that maybe I was the one in the 'wrong' session. But bottom line, these sessions are not just for people with babies, they are advertised online and on the little paper schedules and in the newspapers as sessions for everyone usually with just a little asterisk saying that it's a mums in bubs session as well. It's not weird for other people to be there because it's not a session closed to the rest of the public.

I'm not attacking the OP, it doesn't bother me that it bothers her. But, if you do feel vulnerable about it than don't go. Everyone has a right to be there so there's nothing really you can change about the situation except your outlook on it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

meredithgreyxxx  (17-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    If I was the only person in one of these sessions with a baby of course I would feel a bit self conscious about disturbing people or that maybe I was the one in the 'wrong' session. But bottom line, these sessions are not just for people with babies, they are advertised online and on the little paper schedules and in the newspapers as sessions for everyone usually with just a little asterisk saying that it's a mums in bubs session as well. It's not weird for other people to be there because it's not a session closed to the rest of the public.

I'm not attacking the OP, it doesn't bother me that it bothers her. But, if you do feel vulnerable about it than don't go. Everyone has a right to be there so there's nothing really you can change about the situation except your outlook on it.
    Very well put

7. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (17-11-2015)