+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    What possible motives could a man without a baby have in a cinema????

He could do the same looney things anywhere like all other looney ppl.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I wouldn't feel strange. Sometimes they just want k see the movie and that's the most convenient time. I think every time I have been there has always been a couple of non parents.

Haven't read the rest of the responses yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Mums and bubs sessions aren't solely for mums and bubs, they are just sessions where it is acceptable to bring your baby and not have to worry about anybody getting annoyed. Anybody is allowed to purchase a ticket and attend, so no, I wouldn't be uncomfortable or annoyed that various people have joined the session for whatever reason.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

meredithgreyxxx  (16-11-2015),misskittyfantastico  (16-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've actually had an experience from the other side of this. I once went to a live performance aimed at preschoolers before I had kids. I went with my husband and brothers. Throughout the show we got suspicious looks the whole way through and silly women whispering and looking at us. Then after the show we got direct questioning and snide remarks. They probably couldn't work out why we were there and felt 'uncomfortable'.

Anyway, we were there because my brother was the lead in the show and we wanted to see him. Did not expect the unpleasant reactions from the people around us. I decided after that not to be suspicious like that if I was ever lucky enough to become a parent.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sally1981 For This Useful Post:

amyd  (17-11-2015),bezzy  (17-11-2015),meredithgreyxxx  (16-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    There are always people without babies (mostly elderly) at the sessions I've been to. I think they're a little mad for wanting to come along to a session where babies might spoil their experience somewhat, but I don't find it strange. It's obviously on at a convenient time for them, and it's much cheaper than normal sessions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
    There are always people without babies (mostly elderly) at the sessions I've been to. I think they're a little mad for wanting to come along to a session where babies might spoil their experience somewhat, but I don't find it strange. It's obviously on at a convenient time for them, and it's much cheaper than normal sessions.
    That's why I think it's weird. Babies were crying the whole time

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think it's weird at all.
    It's not something I'd do though (I hate other people's crying babies spoiling my peace).

I *do* think it's weird that you felt uncomfortable by non-parents being there. Wonder about their motives? At our cinema, it's $18.50 for a ticket. It's only $10 for a Bring Your Baby session. That's a pretty big motive right there!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Years & years & years ago I used to manage a cinema (god it already feels like a previous life it was that long ago when I first finished school!)

Anyway people regularly attended the babes in arms session without having children. The staff would always let them know what kind of session it was so they knew to expect children/crying during the movie. Most people went because it was half the price of a normal ticket & let's face it, it can end up costing a fortune a go. A lot of the time also it was the only time that suited them. Over the years I worked there I never had any issues with anything happening or anyone telling me they were uncomfortable about it.

Now that I'm a Mum with a baby of my own, to answer your question if there were people in the cinema without children, no that wouldn't make me feel uncomfortable as they're just wanting to see a movie too.

It would only make me uncomfortable if they clearly weren't watching the movie or started talking to me. Or I'd be annoyed if they were rude if my baby was crying since it was a babes in arms session.

I'd like to think if I ever popped out to one of those sessions (without dd) because the time suited me & I'm used to babies crying & it doesn't bother me that I wouldn't make anyone feel uncomfortable. I'd also hate to think that people are questioning my motive for just simply wanting to watch a movie. Like I said I wouldn't think there was anything strange about it unless they are doing some sort of action where it's clear they're not watching the movie.

I hope you can enjoy babes in arms sessions in the future OP & that you can feel comfortable with others who are there to watch a movie without kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH and I planned to go to to a baby in arms session last week (without DD) because it was the only session of the movie we wanted that fits in between school drop off and pick up. No motive other than the 10:30 session was baby in arms.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd feel awkward because even though it's a babes in arms session, I'd still be concerned about disturbing others. Hence never going to a babes in arms session when I had babies. My anxiety wouldn't have allowed me to enjoy it. Similarly I wouldn't go to a season like that without kids; I'd pay the extra for a regular session or just wait for the movie on DVD. I don't want to spend money at the movies to see something that's highly likely to be interrupted with a crying baby.

On as a side note, the OP didn't say it was because of sinister reasons that she felt uncomfortable, so accusing her of being judgemental is casting the exact same judgment on her. Yeah, a bit more clarity around the nature of her feelings would help understand them but I think it's fair to say almost everyone on here and IRL needs to clarify sentiments from time to time. Waggling the virtual finger and giving grief for not getting all the facts out and having that first post 100% perfect is harsh and an OTT reaction

And since when is the rule on BH that you may post questions only but are forbidden from posting how you felt or reacted to a situation? OP has been unfairly jumped on in this thread.
    Last edited by Moxy; 17-11-2015 at 06:02.

13. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Moxy For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-11-2015),CazHazKidz  (17-11-2015),gingermillie  (17-11-2015),harvs  (17-11-2015),Leettieb  (17-11-2015),Mamasupial  (17-11-2015),Meld85  (17-11-2015),munchkin275  (17-11-2015),trustno1  (17-11-2015)