+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Non parents at baby in arms movies

Would you find it strange for non parents at baby in arms movies? As it teenagers, a couple in their 20's and a man on his own ( all of which were on their own and not with someone that has a child.)

My husband and I went today and there were more people in groups without kids than there was with. To be honest if my husband wasn't there I would have felt very vulnerable; as it was I felt uncomfortable

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by maternidade View Post
    Would you find it strange for non parents at baby in arms movies? As it teenagers, a couple in their 20's and a man on his own ( all of which were on their own and not with someone that has a child.)

My husband and I went today and there were more people in groups without kids than there was with. To be honest if my husband wasn't there I would have felt very vulnerable; as it was I felt uncomfortable
    Is it obvious it's a babes in arms session? I ask because I wanted to go to a movie once (looooong time ago) and only at the last minute did someone point that out to me. I went to a different session as I wanted a break from babies.

I don't think it's odd to be honest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I wouldnt find it strange. The cinemas offer those sessions to everyone knowingly that there is a high chance of children being there with disruptions. Maybe it was the only chance the people had to go to the movies? I dont get much of a chance with my work hours so i would more than likely attend one of these sessions myself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's usually cheaper than normal sessions so that could be why people chose to go to that one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    No. Just because they don't have children does not at all suggest to me that they have sinister motives and would not have made me feel uncomfortable.

The movie was likely at a time that suited them and they were probably full aware that babies would be in there and fine with it.

I would only have an issue in this situation if someone then complained that my baby was crying.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Best Things For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (16-11-2015),Nemmi1987  (17-11-2015)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I wouldn't because I go to babes in arms sessions without my babe because they're so much cheaper than regular sessions!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by meredithgrey View Post
    I think the question you should be asking is why did that make you feel uncomfortable and vulnerable?

What preconceived judgements do you have about teenagers, a couple in their 20's and a man on this own that makes you feel this way?

They may not have realised it was a Babes in Arms session, it may have been the only session time they could make, they may have come for the cheaper tickets.

Stop looking for sinister ulterior motives and have a good look at yourself.
    Bit harsh?

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

Alicia111  (16-11-2015),BettyV  (16-11-2015),BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-11-2015),HeavenBlue  (17-11-2015),mrsboyts  (17-11-2015),MsViking  (16-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm a bit puzzled why you would feel vulnerable.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Curby  (16-11-2015),meredithgreyxxx  (16-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I would only feel uncomfortable if they complained about my baby making noise.

Did you feel vulnerable perhaps because you thought they'd be judgemental / peeved if your bubs was unsettled?

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I may know where you are coming from feeling vulnerable/uncomfortable.

I have heard stories of people getting cranky at mothers/fathers with babies in those sessions. Maybe the feeling of 'what if my baby cries and they say something and I am on my own/do not want confrontation' is what you were feeling?

Also, people are advised when buying tickets it is babes in arms/mums with bubs sessions - well they usually should!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

Leettieb  (17-11-2015)