+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I would use the story about your husband buying it as Xmas pressie. I'd also cancel the upcoming appointment, just explain that DH has got you this makeover as a surprise and there's no point having your hair done twice in such a short space of time.

Afterwards if you decide not to go back to her you'll have to have a more honest conversation which will probably be awkward; but cross that bridge when you get to it, you might decide to go back to her after all.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mama Mirabelle For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (16-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    By using your dh as an excuse you may get him on the bad side of your friend.
    Tell your friend you were given a voucher by family or something.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    My girlfriend owns a salon and did my hair for years, but once I went to a pixie crop she just wasn't that good at that style.

I started going to someone else, I just said that I went to a new salon that had different hours that suited me more with work and kids.

Are you planning on going to the new hairdresser all the time? If it's a once off stick to the truth which is your DH voucher. But if it's a permanent break up you'll need to have a better excuse.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NoteToSelf For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NoteToSelf View Post
    My girlfriend owns a salon and did my hair for years, but once I went to a pixie crop she just wasn't that good at that style.

I started going to someone else, I just said that I went to a new salon that had different hours that suited me more with work and kids.

Are you planning on going to the new hairdresser all the time? If it's a once off stick to the truth which is your DH voucher. But if it's a permanent break up you'll need to have a better excuse.
    How did your friend react? I'm not sure if I'll keep going to the new place it depends how much I love (or hate) it. My friend works from home by herself which I find makes it harder for some reason.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't think there's any need for a story. You can easily say you're going to this other guy without saying that you think he'd do a better job. Just be honest and say that your hubby has been at you to go to him for ages, so you thought you'd go ahead and give it a go as an after baby treat since hubby was offering to pay for it.
    Also definitely would cancel the upcoming appointment, seems like a huge waste of money to me to spend money on your hair that you're about to make a major change too!
    Good luck!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to CazHazKidz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    How did your friend react? I'm not sure if I'll keep going to the new place it depends how much I love (or hate) it. My friend works from home by herself which I find makes it harder for some reason.
    She said my hair looked good lol.

She has a busy salon so my absence wouldn't have been noticed and she was hard to get in to at times that suited me so it was truthful to some extent.

I really don't think she was upset by it, or if she was she's never mentioned it.

It's hard, it took me a while to work up the courage to break up with her.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to NoteToSelf For This Useful Post:

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would just say your dh booked you an appointment with (insert names of place or person) as your Christmas present

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh you lucky thing.
    In a bid to save money I went to a new hairdresser for a colour and my hair has been so lank and greasy ever since. I don't know what she did.
    I'll be treating myself to my own hairdresser before Christmas for the works.

Does your friend know that your DH is friends with Mr Supercuts?
    If not I'd just say he got you a voucher, you'll have to say something as either way you're going to have a new hair do soon.
    Definitely cancel your next appointment, it's only 5.5 weeks until Christmas, nobody needs their hair done twice in that short space of time (except me P).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I have found when you have your hair long, you can get away with an average hairdresser. But when it's short and structured you can't. When I first got my hair cut off a few years ago I went to a pricey salon and she did an amazing job. Given the style I had to go in semi regularly for trims and tried quite a few cheaper salons. Big mistake. I had a concave bob. After a cut at one salon think 1980's boofy bob at all one length. It was hideous and even after telling her to fix it step by step she still didn't do it right. After 3 or 4 different salons ruining the cut DH said "for god's sake babe. Just go to the dear salon? At least you walk out happy".

So I suspect after the pro cuts your hair, you are never going to go back to your friend. If she can't handle a cut and foils on long hair there's no way she's going to equal this dude. No offence to her.... but yeah...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I have found when you have your hair long, you can get away with an average hairdresser. But when it's short and structured you can't. When I first got my hair cut off a few years ago I went to a pricey salon and she did an amazing job. Given the style I had to go in semi regularly for trims and tried quite a few cheaper salons. Big mistake. I had a concave bob. After a cut at one salon think 1980's boofy bob at all one length. It was hideous and even after telling her to fix it step by step she still didn't do it right. After 3 or 4 different salons ruining the cut DH said "for god's sake babe. Just go to the dear salon? At least you walk out happy".

So I suspect after the pro cuts your hair, you are never going to go back to your friend. If she can't handle a cut and foils on long hair there's no way she's going to equal this dude. No offence to her.... but yeah...
    Lol you're probably right. My DH has always said he doesn't think she does a good job with my hair which is why he's been pestering me to get the fancy hairdresser to do it for years now!