+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DT75 View Post
    Grandfather won't do it without her consent. Can't get her consent if she refuses to discuss it.
    Grrrrrrr That would drive me up the wall! Surely she doesn't want you to lose your holiday for the want of asking her Dad to mind the kids for three more days and consent to that? What a freaking piece of work if that's her agenda.. Can't see why it would be so hard for her to organise that one simple thing that the kids grandfather seems happy with and it solves everyones problems. Nightmare!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

DT75  (17-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Grrrrrrr That would drive me up the wall! Surely she doesn't want you to lose your holiday for the want of asking her Dad to mind the kids for three more days and consent to that? What a freaking piece of work if that's her agenda.. Can't see why it would be so hard for her to organise that one simple thing that the kids grandfather seems happy with and it solves everyones problems. Nightmare!
    As far as i can tell, because it would be admitting a wrong.
    Instead everyone goes without... except her. Again.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DT75 For This Useful Post:

Summer  (18-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Consent for Unaccompanied Minors

You said yesterday that your DH contacted his advocate (who contacted hers) and the police, what has her response been?

Eta: if it does boil down to trips getting canceled, can't you still go on your own to see your family?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Summer  (18-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    You said yesterday that your DH contacted his advocate (who contacted hers) and the police, what has her response been?

Eta: if it does boil down to trips getting canceled, can't you still go on your own to see your family?
    Advocate was the one who said we should cancel the holidays. She also saw no alternative, and said we should not back down on something that borders on endangerment (UMs with noone to collect).

We discussed me seeing my family alone, but the trip was planned for H to meet my family before the baby is born- as that was my condition on us having kids, that he meet my parents first.
    And I really don't want to travel that far, alone, at 29-31 weeks!

ETA: sorry just realised you may have meant what was the mother's response? She has refused to discuss it, even with her advocate.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Can your parents visit you?

I'm sorry, this is a very sucky state of affairs...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    Can your parents visit you?

I'm sorry, this is a very sucky state of affairs...
    They can't afford it... they have 4 other kids, 3 of whom are at school.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    With stuff like this (holidays and anything that needs to be organised) she really is. She can be so so good too though. It is super frustrating!
    I don't get how one person can just destroy everyone's plans. and why this is allowed to happen? you've done everything in your power to give her as much notice etc as you can, plan around her, yet she has zero regard for you and your H and is using the kids to foil your plans.

is this woman single? i thing shes very bitter and cut up about her ex moving on and now you're having a bub together. she feels left out in the cold and is being a b*tch in any way she can to spoil things for you.

she's obviously quite happy to use her own kids as pawns in her sick games to try and get at you both. I feel really bad for you, to have to deal with this, when pregnant, and not even be able to enjoy a well deserved break to see your family before bubs is born.

sod her and her stupid plans. why don't you just do everything in your power to make her life hell? she certainly enjoys doing it to you. I think you and your H go out of your ways far too much to accommodate her. she taking the **** and it's time to start setting some boundaries!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (18-11-2015),Summer  (02-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    You sure there just wasn't some big misunderstanding about the dates?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    I don't get how one person can just destroy everyone's plans. and why this is allowed to happen? you've done everything in your power to give her as much notice etc as you can, plan around her, yet she has zero regard for you and your H and is using the kids to foil your plans.

is this woman single? i thing shes very bitter and cut up about her ex moving on and now you're having a bub together. she feels left out in the cold and is being a b*tch in any way she can to spoil things for you.

she's obviously quite happy to use her own kids as pawns in her sick games to try and get at you both. I feel really bad for you, to have to deal with this, when pregnant, and not even be able to enjoy a well deserved break to see your family before bubs is born.

sod her and her stupid plans. why don't you just do everything in your power to make her life hell? she certainly enjoys doing it to you. I think you and your H go out of your ways far too much to accommodate her. she taking the **** and it's time to start setting some boundaries!
    She has always used the kids to get her way. If I hear the phrase, "You know if {my H} and I were still together, the kids would be at xyz with no problems"... no, no they wouldn't. We don't say no for no reason.

Making her life hell would only come back to bite the kids.
    As far as I am concerned, she can keep on doing what she does, and we will keep on being nice- the kids have noticed the difference, and will only notice more as they get older. I have no doubt they will see how much we do/put up with for their sakes.

Quote Originally Posted by vicpark View Post
    you sure there just wasn't some big misunderstanding about the dates?
    YES! 6 months of discussion, reminders, prompts, jokes. She has it in her phone, calendar, email, etc.
    She even said, "Oh I know you are away from X-Z BUT...."

ETA: and you're completely ignoring the UM thing, the refusal to discuss and the fact that the kids have told her they don't want to travel alone.
    Last edited by DT75; 19-11-2015 at 10:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    She has always used the kids to get her way. If I hear the phrase, "You know if {my H} and I were still together, the kids would be at xyz with no problems"... no, no they wouldn't. We don't say no for no reason.

Making her life hell would only come back to bite the kids.
    As far as I am concerned, she can keep on doing what she does, and we will keep on being nice- the kids have noticed the difference, and will only notice more as they get older. I have no doubt they will see how much we do/put up with for their sakes.

YES! 6 months of discussion, reminders, prompts, jokes. She has it in her phone, calendar, email, etc.
    She even said, "Oh I know you are away from X-Z BUT...."

ETA: and you're completely ignoring the UM thing, the refusal to discuss and the fact that the kids have told her they don't want to travel alone.
    I'm not ignoring the um thing on purpose - just didn't address it in my last post. I've said before that I wouldn't want my kids to do it - no frickin way!

She sounds like someone who has always gotten her own way, a real piece of work