+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pregnant?

So my period is a week late (exactly today). I have been on the pill but do recall being a bit laxed this month and forgetting one or two. I did a hpt on Saturday (5 days late) and it came back bfn. Still no period. My breast look fuller, aerolas larger and I've had a little bit of nausea and fatigue, oh and urinating frequently (however I seem to do that a lot anyway).
    I was going to do another test today, I need to go and buy another one first. Would love to know what people think....am I pregnant or if not, why would AF be late?
    Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Sometimes periods are just late due to stress. Sometimes cysts and things or PCOS can lead to a change in cycle timing.

Nipple changes don't happen until weeks and weeks into pregnancy...

I'd say probably not pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you only just come off the pill? If yes it can take a little longer for you cycle to come back and regulate. When I came off the pill my first AF took 39 days, others have taken much longer.

I would hold out a little longer before you test again as you may find yourself spending a lot of money on tests for no reason.

If you end up not being pregnant, suggest you try opks or temping so you know when you are ovulating and when your AF is due, that way no stress about am I or aren't I pregnant and wasting lots of money on tests 😊

Fingers crossed you are pregnant though 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would say probably not pregnant, not that I think the dating would really matter because I suppose you could have ovulated at any point in the cycle, but I think if you had symptoms you would have a positive HPT - something hormonal could be at play however.
    You may even be ovulating, (hopefully not if you're still on the pill!)
    Even stress, weight gain/loss can change period cycle etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'll go against the grain to say you may be! I stopped the pill after 13 years and didn't get a period again. Put it down to "takes time once you go off the pill".
    Pregnancy tests (lots and lots) all negative. Went to Drs the next month and also negative test in rooms, bloods taken then called the next day to say it was positive. A dating scan out me at 9 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm just going to jump in and say that whether or not you are pregnant, my boobs were the first thing to change. I may have only been a few days late when I felt them changing. 19 weeks now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well did another test and it was negative. So who knows. One week late now. Rather odd. Maybe a trip to my doctor is needed.
    We weren't ttc and I was on the pill but missed a few pills so thought that might have affected things. I haven't taken anymore since I finished the pack last Saturday.
    Thanks for trying to help, I have no idea why it hasn't shown up!