+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I was also told that this could happen, I hope he is home soon.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Angels4me For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (24-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi @Ladydee. I replied before your DH's surgery but didn't mention then that I bled post surgery (didn't see any reason to freak you or him out). It's more common in adults than children. My bleed was about a week after the surgery. My sister had her tonsils removed as an adult and she bled too. It's not fun, but he will be fine. I stayed in hospital overnight when it happened. Don't blame the food (or yourself), it has nothing to do with that. It's just that a large surface area is exposed. It has to do with placement of blood vessels etc. It will all be ok. Sending love! X

4. The Following User Says Thank You to teenie For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (24-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How's your DH @Ladydee?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to teenie For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (24-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was just about to ask as well, I hope he is on the improve.

The post op bleeding isn't uncommon but after a rather hearing a friends experience and nearly cancelling my surgery as a result I thought it was best not to share.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mummymaybe For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (24-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Help! Adult Tonsillectomy Query....

👎🏼No good, he started bleeding at 3am yesterday so back to hospy we went again (my Rav wasn't quite as exciting as the ambo ride😏).....tried the public hospital this time. So. Much. Better!!!

The private hospital the ambulance took him to (which he wanted to go to) on Friday night just got him to say "Ahhh", observed him for about 4 hours and then sent him home. The public hospital yesterday took him straight in, cannulated him and took venous blood gasses to get an immediate haemoglobin and glucose result then put two bags of drip through to re-hydrate him. They got an ENT who sprayed his throat with numbing stuff and had a really good look around in his throat and sucked out some puss and blood clots from his wounds and started him on antibiotics! They've kept him in overnight and gave him some lovely strong pain relief which he said allowed him to eat a decent meal of rice and veggies last night. As its a new hospital with a new design, he got his own room-with-a-view and bathroom....SO much better than the private hospital experience and he wasn't even bleeding as bad as the first time where I had to call the ambulance!

He's waiting for the ENT to do his rounds this morning to see if he can come home but he said he feels a lot better today so I'm sure he'll be fine 😌

Thanks ladies! 😊 And probably was the better idea to slightly sensor your replies as he would never have gone through with getting it done had he known how common these bleeds were....😬

Thanks
    Reviews
    It sounds like he is in the right place. I hope you are taking care of yourself as well, it must be a bit of a struggle with bub as well as all of this.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mummymaybe For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (26-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi. I hope he's improving and back home

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ManchesterLass For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (26-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope he's home soon and on the mend x

15. The Following User Says Thank You to teenie For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (26-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies, he's back home and I think he's turned a corner for the best , recovery-wise 😊👍🏼 When he's not eating, he feels pretty good on just Panadol....he's still a bit of a chicken to eat though. He's still mainly eating smoothies even though the hospital doctors reiterated that it's best if he tries to eat as normally as possible. He had mashed potato, salmon and over-steamed veggies last night....thought I'd try him on rice tonight. Smoothies (and one soft jam sandwich) during the day. Sloooowly getting there... I can't believe how clueless I was about how major the recovery for this was going to be!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Ladydee For This Useful Post:

teenie  (26-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my tonsils out about 18 months ago at the age of 32. I would rather recover from another Caesarian instead of have another tonsillectomy. Day 4 & 5 were hell but was eating pizza (minus the crust) on Day 6. End one was my friend for a few days haha as were lemonade icy poles & iced water! Hope your DH fully recovers soon!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to CJ81 For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (26-11-2015)