+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Q about retraction

of foreskin.
    Not sure if a forum of women will be experts on this, but it's probably better than the knowledge I have now...

So this evening while DS2 was in the shower, DS1 (who is circ'd) came out and said "mum is DS2 supposed to be turning his pen island inside out?". While I stood there like this for a few seconds, I then realised what he meant, explained to DS1 all is well and tell DS2 it's good to clean it in the shower etc. So he went and told him and DS2 didn't believe him lol.
    So anyway, I went in and told DS2 myself.

Now, when DS2 was a baby/toddler, he had almost constant foreskin infections, for over a year straight. Very painful, red raw, open wounds etc. So I've always had concerns about possible scar tissue from all the infections. So with this in mind, I asked DS2 if he wouldn't mind showing me what he was doing, so he did.
    When he retracted the foreskin, it seemed quite tight; the head literally *popped* out from the skin, it didn't just roll back easily. He also said it hurts, though he didn't appear to be in obvious pain, so maybe just a mild hurt. Are both these things normal? As I said, I just worry about tightness from scar tissue, but don't know if it's normal when it starts retracting to still be a bit tight and a bit sore.

Help? Any hubbies that can help with my questions?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sounds normal to me. They don't retract all the way at first. It's a gradual thing. He wouldn't do it if it was hurting him too much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH says it sounds normal, and that it can be pretty tight until puberty.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to deku For This Useful Post:

CMF  (16-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Pretty normal from my experience of watching two boys who are four and nearly eight. It's not a smooth retraction at all!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

CMF  (16-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds normal to me too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok great, thanks!
    I've just been so anxious to see if it retracted at all after all the infections he had, so it was a pretty exciting moment for this mummy lol.