+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger

Default Summer indoor entertainment ideas

I'm planning my DDs 3rd birthday party. Planning to have it at home and invite a few of her little friends and cousins, all up about 10 kids plus their parents. The kids will range in age from 1 to 6 yo. We have a great swing/slide set outside but it will be mid January in Brisbane and I'm thinking it'll be too hot to have the kids outside. Can anyone suggest fun indoor activities?

I'm open to hiring equipment, I was thinking maybe a ball pit.

Alternately we could have it at a play center, and hire out the party room, but I think that might be too chaotic for the little ones. What do you think?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    For DS 3rd birthday I bought an inflatable water slide from target, worked out cheaper than hiring one and it was a huge hit and is still going strong 2 years later! Or get a sprinkler or slip n slide, kids love playing with water of any kind , especially if it's hot!

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We are in Brisbane too. We go to a lot of early parties, like 9 and 10 am kick off. As long as you have sunscreen and cold drinks, maybe a water activity and some shade, the kids won't care. We had dd's 5th birthday on a 40 degree day. They got hot and sweaty but still had a ball.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

DT75  (15-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately water slides etc aren't possible as our only patch of backyard had a large swing set on it that we can't move. Any activities will have to be set up inside.