+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 40 plus 2 and need c section but want to change hospitals. Crazy?

I've been planning a vbac and have had 2 weeks of pre labour such as contractions and mucus plug loss with a distinct feeling of baby pushing down and loads of pressure in pelvis.

Yesterday I realised my bub has not been moving as much. I went into maternal assessment and they pushed the whole c section thing. They believe I am carrying a large baby and my cervix has regressed. For personal reasons I was gutted to be going down the same path again as my last c section was torture.

This morning at 3 am, I am realising that the pressure I had before has gone and they are right as so has all the pre labour stuff plus there is some change with her movement patterns.

I've lost faith in their abilities though because in the last week, through clinics and attending maternal assessment, the advice has changed dramatically to lets induce, oh we can't; let's book a c section, lets let you go to 42 weeks etc etc.

This hospital is 40 mins away and I have a huge local hospital just down the road. I attended the original hospital because they offered the vacs there but now that's not an option, I feel I want to change. Obviously, this would need to happen asap, like the referral would need to go through today or tomorrow.

Is this crazy this late in the game?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    anyone?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't have much advice, but if you feel confident that the other hospital would be better, then it is worth giving them a call. Being close to home would be good while you stay and recover.

Best of luck with the birth. I had a "failed VBAC" with my 2nd bub and, believe it or not, it was actually quite a healing process (though the surgery itself was awful once again) and gave me a lot of closure on my first birth where I was left with many "what ifs".

Thanks
    Reviews
    May I suggest seeing your doctor ASAP for a discussion. If your doc does not do deliveries at the second hospital I'm guessing you would need to find someone who does your own doc would hopefully help with this. At 40 weeks I would not dawdle about as labour could happen at any time.

Talk to your other half/support people too about how you are feeling.

Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My opinion -- if you want to change, if you are not happy/feeling confident/not feeling supported, I'd change. I don't know what processes are involved but after my experiences with hospitals, if I wasn't trusting them I sure as hell wouldn't be staying. I'd also be letting bub come when bub comes too. (But that's me .)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck OP, if you are happy to, let us know what you decide.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Good luck. Don't mess about if you're worried about movements. As @meredithgrey said call, or if it was me I'd just turn up there and ask them to transfer your care.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

LittleBug'sMum  (15-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'll be blunt. Hun you just need to get that baby out. If you want to change you need to swap today. Reduced movement is nothing to be messed with.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

LittleBug'sMum  (15-11-2015),MonkeyMumma  (16-11-2015),MummaOJ  (15-11-2015),~Marigold~  (15-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with others, whatever you do you need to do it quickly, call hospital today & see what they can do for you, good luck!

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Agree with Wise Enough.
    Good luck x