+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Daycare teacher gift

So I am wondering does everyone buy gifts at the end of the year for daycare teachers?

Do you buy for all of them? (I think there is 4 in ds's class - there have been so many staff changes that I cannot keep track!)

And what do you buy?

Need some ideas please

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've got a heap of those very small moccona jars I've been saving through the year. I'm filling them with something but I haven't decided what yet lol I'll do a pretty tag and thank you note.

Thinking biscuits, fudge, spice mixes, etc just not sure yet.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to just her chameleon For This Useful Post:

DT75  (15-11-2015),SAgirl  (15-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I find this so hard as we have so many to buy for. We have two boys in two rooms so I think I'll need to buy 8 gifts. Last year I did movie tickets but that will be way too expensive this year.
    One year I went to oxfam and bought Xmas decorations that told the story of the women in Africa who made them. I don't really like to buy food so I'll try to avoid that this year. I really have no idea!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    On the years when my kids seem to have had about 80 carers, thanks to room changes and staff leaving, I get a big box of chocolates for the centre. I make sure to write on the box "To all my carers, Enjoy! Love DD/DS" and not just on the card. That way it can sit in the staff room and they know who it is from.

When there's clearly been about 4 main carers who my child is bonded to, I get them something small each (eg. candle, keyring bling, something handmade).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Last year for DS pre school teachers I had a chocolate strawberry bouquet delivered ( white/dark and milk choc dipped strawberries shaped like a bunch of flowers ) They loved it! I might get a similar one this year but it's fruit and choc strawberries shaped into a xmas tree

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

moosey  (15-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    With daycare, I am going to purchase Xmas decorations (eg: sparkly stars, ballerinas, snowflakes, butterflies), put them in a basket and DD can walk around with the basket and hand one out to each staff member. I might tie a small tag on each of them with their name and a short message and DD's name on it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS is finishing up kinder and about to begin school next year (Vic) and has had 3 main carers this year plus randoms that swap through the rooms.
    I am getting the 3 main carers a $100 massage voucher each. They have been just amazing this year.
    The randoms I am not getting anything for. I haven't been impressed with any of them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS has two teachers in his class so I'm just getting two presents.

I got them a nice screen printed linen tea towel with some Castille soaps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bottle of bubbly and little plant with saying thank you for helping me grow for dd two main teachers. Like the idea about a big box of something to share for rest

12. The Following User Says Thank You to maternidade For This Useful Post:

Lil Smurfy  (15-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I will get a present each for DD's 3 carers. I'm also going to take a bunch of biscuits in for all staff