+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Please help! Feeding problems for 3 months old baby.

Hi my name is Thomas, my sister baby's name is Ava. She is 3 months old. The last 2.5 months she drunk a lot of milk using bottle (my sister doesn't have enough milk to feed Ava ). however lately her mouth starts to be watering a lot. And we believe that she is teething. She refuses to be fed. Anytime my sister feeds her she starts to cry a lot and didn't drink much seems like only 10 ml while she needs to drink roughly 100 ml. So is this normal? Or any tips on feeding her?? Can she eat solid food??

My sister and me worrying about this a lot. So any help would mean a lot to us. I ask for her cuz her English is not good. Thank you for any help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Hi Thomas. Three months old is too young to be teething. Watering at the mouth or drooling is common at that age. Your sister should speak with her local community health nurse for advice on caring for the baby, or with a GP, both of whom should be able to arrange an interpreter. It's common that babies sometimes go through periods where they are fussier and hard to feed, three months is generally considered too young for solid food.
    Again, your sister needs professional advice and support so perhaps help her to see a doctor or community health nurse. The hospital where the baby was delivered will be able to help you find your local community health centre and early childhood nurse or you could look it up on google.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

Thomas091295  (14-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaGal View Post
    Hi Thomas. Three months old is too young to be teething. Watering at the mouth or drooling is common at that age. Your sister should speak with her local community health nurse for advice on caring for the baby, or with a GP, both of whom should be able to arrange an interpreter. It's common that babies sometimes go through periods where they are fussier and hard to feed, three months is generally considered too young for solid food.
    Again, your sister needs professional advice and support so perhaps help her to see a doctor or community health nurse. The hospital where the baby was delivered will be able to help you find your local community health centre and early childhood nurse or you could look it up on google.
    Agree with this except that 3 months is definitely not too young to be teething! DS got his first tooth at 13 weeks old and my niece was similar.

Definitely get some advice from a child health nurse though, there are so many reasons this could be happening and it's very difficult to predict what it is at that age.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    She's using baby formula not milk-milk, right?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BettyW For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyW View Post
    She's using baby formula not milk-milk, right?
    Hi Betty. My sister using Aptamil Gold to fed her

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Thomas091295 For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (14-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's good, just wanted to make sure. Is the baby gaining weight? Is your sister feeding her when she's too tired perhaps? Sometimes when Bub is overtired they won't feed properly. Or she may be very gassy and need to be burped frequently during feeds?

I agree with what the other girls have said about a community health nurse or GP - visits for babies should be free at any doctors (or at least most) and the hospital should have given info about community health nurses? If not try googling your area and child health nurse and your sister can make an appointment for free.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BettyW For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    Agree with this except that 3 months is definitely not too young to be teething! DS got his first tooth at 13 weeks old and my niece was similar.

Definitely get some advice from a child health nurse though, there are so many reasons this could be happening and it's very difficult to predict what it is at that age.
    True although it's less usual to teeth at 3 months whereas the drooling is a normal developmental stage.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

Thomas091295  (16-11-2015)