+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default TTC - OB/Glengarry recommendations (Perth)

Hi all,

My husband and I are about to start TTC #2 in the next month, and I would like to be prepared with a ob and hospital before this happens. The reason being I had an ectopic pregnancy in August, so will need early scans this time around. (Plus being prepared may help with nerves!)

I originally wanted to go to SJOG Mercy, but have recently become interested in Glengarry Private. In particular, Dr Catherine Harris. Does anyone have any personal experience with Glengarry Private or Dr Harris?

My first bub was born via c-sec, so this will be an option again.

Thank you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've never met her but a friend of mine had her as her OB and loved her. She chose her as she has a really good reputation for doing c-secs (and doing them well, only leaving a small scar etc) and that's what my friend wanted. I don't think she's a warm and fuzzy doctor, I believe her bedside manner can be very matter of fact and a bit brusque which I think can be fine but depends on your personality obviously and what you are looking for in a doctor.

Good luck!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to besha For This Useful Post:

Tkts2013  (16-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had Dr Cliff Neppe at Glengarry 4 years ago and he was amazing!! I was wanting to return to him this time around but it's way too far now we live south!!
    Glengarry although older was great, being smaller I felt we had more interaction from the midwives also which was invaluable first time around

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hilton04 For This Useful Post:

Tkts2013  (16-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had her at OPH for my c section. I don't remember her bedside manner as my ceaser was emergency but the scar is small. The only complaint I had is that it had been nearly 24 hours since my waters broke and my mum heard the midwife ask if I should be given antibiotics . I wasn't given them and my baby got sick! He had to be given antibiotics. Yeah wasn't happy about that. But everything else was fine.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnyflower For This Useful Post:

Tkts2013  (16-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was recently given birth at glengarry. I was tossing up between there and mercy because mercy is relatively closer to us and I prefer a larger hospital. We live SOR. I went to glengarry in the end because OB office is located nearby. I had a good experience and highly recommend them.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Tkts2013  (16-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had Dr Neppe too - but I don't think he's at Glengarry any more - he's at Joondalup I think? I'd go to Joondalup over Glengarry if I could have him again (but I'm not sure you can?).

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hulahoop For This Useful Post:

Tkts2013  (16-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default TTC - OB/Glengarry recommendations (Perth)

Quote Originally Posted by Hulahoop View Post
    I had Dr Neppe too - but I don't think he's at Glengarry any more - he's at Joondalup I think? I'd go to Joondalup over Glengarry if I could have him again (but I'm not sure you can?).
    I went to Joondalup Private and don't have a bad word to say about my experience.

I was with Dr Susan Isdale. Not a warm and fluffy manner but really awesome and straight to the point. She did my c-section. Great recovery and my scar is tiny and barely noticeable.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Pumpkin1106 For This Useful Post:

Tkts2013  (16-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was distracted by bub. To add, I was with Dr Saba from the day I got my bfp. I had appt almost every week in early weeks due to previous history of chemical pregnancies. He also gave me a lot of follow up when I had the GDM. I don't have c-section.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Tkts2013  (16-11-2015)