+ Reply to Thread
    kiwimum890 is offline It won't happen overnight, but it will happen!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Night Lights or Torch recommendations for going to the toilet at night?

Hi,

I have an almost 4 year old who is toilet trained, we do take him to the toilet at night before we go to bed (he is basically asleep when this happens though). We are wanting to encourage him to take himself to the toilet at night if he needs to go and would like to use a night light or torch, does anyone have any recommendations on what they have found useful?
    Our hallway is really dark...we have a separate bathroom and toilet.
    I don't want anything that is too bright...

Thanks in advance 😀

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If you have a powerpoint in the hallway get one of those plug in night lights -pretty sure Coles etc have them. This should put out enough light depending on the layout of your house, you might need one in the bathroom/close to toilet too.

Our DS is 4.5 and has been dry overnight for about a year, however we find that taking him to the toilet before he goes to bed is sufficient (and ensuring no large drinks before bedtime). This is about 7pm and he sleeps through until about 6am. Probably only had 1-2 accidents in 12 months. We plan on getting a night light in the hall once we get a PowerPoint installed but tbh I am not sure if he would get up at night to use the toilet, he hates the dark (even with night lights etc). They are all different though, good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Dd has a torch next to her bed that she just has to tap down and it flicks on. She's been using it since 2.5yrs with no problems

I have a sensor light from Ikea in the hallway. It was pretty bright so I popped some electrical tape around the edges to dull it and it does the job perfectly.

Saying all that though, dd very rarely needs to get up but at least when she does we're prepared

kiwimum890 is offline It won't happen overnight, but it will happen!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks heaps for your suggestions we got him a torch and have put a sensor night light in the bathroom so will see how that goes.
    I am fairly certain he will be able to hold all night if we don't take him before we go to bed. He has only had two accidents since he started training overnight and that was in the first week and he has been toilet trained overnight for over a year now so I am sure he will be fine..

Thanks for your tips and support 😀

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kiwimum890 For This Useful Post:

michellek  (15-11-2015)