+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS1 is also starting school in 2016. He's left handed, and not good at sitting still to do fine motor skill tasks like drawing and colouring in yet. I'm worried that he'll have difficulty with his left-handedness that will make it even harder to concentrate. A teacher friend suggested left-handed scissors and pencil grips to help him hold pens and scissors properly. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We start school next year too
    DS cant wait and while I am excited for him to start this new chapter I will still have a cry when he starts!
    He has had 3 weeks of orientation so far. He has 2 more weeks to go and on the last week they will meet their teacher and class for next year.
    I have bought 3 of everything for uniform and am still yet to get shoes and socks. I might pick up two more of the shirts to make things a little easier with washing. I had a little cry in the uniform shop when DS tried everything on! He just looked so little and cute.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (15-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DD1 starts full time school next year (pre-primary in WA) - she's just about to turn 5. She's been at 4yo Kindy for 3 full days already this year (Tues/Wed/Thurs) at the same school so it should be a pretty smooth transition. They are already in the classroom next door, will use the same toilets, they spend some mornings in with the pre-p kids already this year so know the teacher (they do singing etc together), and it's single ****** so they will have all the same kids in the class as this year. However they will start to wear sport uniform instead of free dress and will no doubt have more structure and homework (although they've already had homework projects in Kindy). What have your little ones been attending up until now?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunnybambino For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (15-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ds2 starts pre primary next year. He's been going to kindy 4 mornings a week this year and is well and truelly ready for pre primary. It's a small school, he will be in the class next door next year with the same friends. It will be a smooth transition.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Tell me about Kindergarten !

DS has been at pre school 2 days a week since he was 3 ( just turned 5 last month) he loves it but it's a small private run one and none of the kids are going to the same school so orientation at big school has been great as I've already made play dates with some of the new kids over xmas holidays so he already has a few familiar friends when they start ( the head of the p and c actually organised play in the park next to the school after orientation which was great)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Sunnybambino  (15-11-2015),TheTimeHasCome  (15-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD has been at daycare 2 days a week for 2 years. I did think of increasing her days to get get prepared for 5 days of big school but couldn't justify it while I wasn't working (only just managed to get a job). They do school readiness program there, and that and the starting school playgroup are enough to get her ready I hope!
    Will anyone be putting their kindy kids in before & after school care? Since I've only just started a job and they aren't too flexible with hours I may have to put her in 2 days a week. I'm feeling horrible about it like it will make the days sooo long for her...but don't really have a choice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS has been attending 4 year old kinder, 3 five hour days a week this week. He is moving to school with a few children including his best friend

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Unfortunately they are collared button up shirts so I'll have to iron them as well !
    If you hang them on the line and then hang them up as soon as you take them inside, they don't need ironing!

I've had various amounts of uniforms over the years; the minimum I like is 3 shirts and 3 shorts, so then I can wash only on Wednesday and the weekend. I would get the same amount of shorts as you do shirts; kids tend to spill stuff in their laps when they're younger.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CMF For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (15-11-2015),Happy Camper  (15-11-2015),Sunnybambino  (15-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I have uniforms that need ironing as well. I still don't buy 5 of anything. Kids grow too quickly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I have 4 shirts and have ordered more. My son can wear them next year as the girls and boys wear the same shirts. It's also the material that doesn't need ironing but terrible for stains.