+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Just*Ace View Post
    Thank you sooo much for all this advice ladies, now I need more! I think I have decided on how to make the sunroom curtains look a lot less blah and more festive. 2 ideas I'm playing with -
    Hanging christmas baubles on fishing line and hanging them at different lengths the whole way along - but how to keep the fishing line in place? Do you think a dab from a hot glue gun on each string would do it?

Other idea - cutting tinsel into 1 metre pieces and hanging them vertically the whole way along, kind of like a tinsel fringe along the curtains, but again how to hang this?
    I can't tie anything onto the curtain rods as the curtain goes over the top of it.....any ideas from some creative hubbers?
    Do you own the house or do you rent? Because if you own you could suspend a long rod (like curtain rod) from the ceiling right infront of your actual curtain rod. Use more than one if you have to.

If you rent.. I've got nothing

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

Just*Ace  (18-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Hosting Xmas - hints and tips!

@Just*Ace my MIL did something similar to the bauble idea - baubles hanging over a window with slatted blinds. She used thumbtacks along the top of the window frame and then hooked the fishing line/ribbon around the thumb tack. You could also pin them to the back of your curtains... So have them hanging down as you described, but have the fishing line go over the top of the curtains and then just pin on the other side. That way no one will be able to see!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (18-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by M'LadyEm View Post
    @Just*Ace my MIL did something similar to the bauble idea - baubles hanging over a window with slatted blinds. She used thumbtacks along the top of the window frame and then hooked the fishing line/ribbon around the thumb tack. You could also pin them to the back of your curtains... So have them hanging down as you described, but have the fishing line go over the top of the curtains and then just pin on the other side. That way no one will be able to see!
    Genius! Just did a test of fishing line tied to a safety pin pinned at the back, works great and best part is I can get all the baubles on the string then just pin them up the day before! Thanks!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Just*Ace For This Useful Post:

M'LadyEm  (18-11-2015),Mod-Nomsie  (18-11-2015)