+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Having to leave my job due to bullying at work

Hi everyone
    I need some advice really ! I've just found out I am 6 weeks pregnant 😁 but I have only been in my current job for 5 weeks . I work for a family run estate agents and I'm training to be a leggings negotiator . I told my boss that I was pregnant so that I was honest and have plenty of notice . She was lovely about it but the next day she never spoke to me . She only communicates with me via email in the office and her husband (they both own the company ) has talked to another staff member saying he feels let down and that I'm just going to switch off now so no point in training me further . It's unbearable to be there an I feel I need to leave I'm wondering how I would go about getting a new job now , would I state that I'm pregnant in an interview or not ?? Please help

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Having to leave my job due to bullying at work

With hindsight I wouldn't have told your current boss you were pregnant yet - it's waaaayyyyyy early days. Earn up some trust and rapport first.

Regarding changing jobs my views on telling a new employer depend on the type of work you will be doing. If it won't take much of their time/money to train you or a replacement I wouldn't worry about it, unless you are obviously pregnant. If it will take a bit of their time/money then I personally would feel very uncomfortable going into a new job and not disclosing that I expect to be leaving again soon.

You haven't been in the new workplace for long - any chance the new boss loves emails regardless if whether an employee is new/pregnant? How so you know that the new boss said what she did? Are you sure?
    If you are sure - Do you feel like you could talk with her about it? If you produced some great work do you think that would change her mind?
    Last edited by VicPark; 14-11-2015 at 06:13.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (14-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congrats on your pregnancy!

I'm so sorry that they are doing that.
    I would send a professional email to them that you feel it's discrimination (illegal) about what they have done to you re training and other things that were said. If nothing happens from that I would contact fair work and go through them.

If you do decide to leave and have interviews for another job I would not tell them you are pregnant it's none of their business especially if you intend to come back to work after Bub is born.

I'm sure other hubbers could give you much bette advice than I.
    Good luck!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to azelqra For This Useful Post:

beccy0412  (14-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your advice . I know I shouldn't have said anything but I was feeling so sick and running the bathroom a lot , I just didn't want to lie to them .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by beccy0412 View Post
    Thanks for your advice . I know I shouldn't have said anything but I was feeling so sick and running the bathroom a lot , I just didn't want to lie to them .
    Has this impacted your ability to so the job at all?

Thanks
    Reviews
    The problem is this boss was training me up and now she won't even interact with me never mind train me . So if I stay I'm stuck in a job that I still haven't been fully trained in . I feel like there trying to push me out by doing these things

Thanks
    Reviews
    No it hasn't impacted my work . She was only saying last week how well I'm doing !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by beccy0412 View Post
    No it hasn't impacted my work . She was only saying last week how well I'm doing !
    Did she tell you this in person/email, before/after you told her you were pregnant?

Thanks
    Reviews
    What's a 'leggings negotiator'?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    What's a 'leggings negotiator'?
    Sorry terrible spelling ! I meant lettings negotiator

13. The Following User Says Thank You to beccy0412 For This Useful Post:

Hollywood  (14-11-2015)