What do you wish... | Page 3 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I wish I didn't let my sister go around filming the night so the battery ran out in the middle of speeches...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wish I had told the photographer before who I wanted photos with... while our couple photos are lovely I have no "proper" ones of me and my family or some close friends.
    Also wish I had appointed one of my bridesmaids as make up/touch up person: massively shiny forehead in photos would have been avoided :-)
    But these are minor picky things.... if you can do anything just remember why you're there; to make a promise to the one you love... focus on that and your day will be special
    All the best!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    I wish I'd had a dress code for guests. Even if it was "no jeans".

I wish I'd gone with the photographer that I wanted.

All the best for your big day, I'm sure it will be perfect

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I wish we'd set a clear brief for the photographer. I'm actually really let down with our wedding pics and don't really look at them. we have one up but that's one some friends got printed and framed for us. there was no rapport with the photographer and I just felt she rushed us the whole time. I felt so pressured and rushed between ceremony and reception that I barely remember any of it and certainly didn't really get to enjoy it. the photos are ok but I know I don't look like my best self. that disappoints me.

but really, if that's the sum total of my worries then I know I'm still way ahead of the curve. I've heard some wedding day horror stories. our big day/night went pretty smoothly, everything looked stunning. we just don't have the photos as proof 😂

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I asked a sister in law who knows both families reasonably well to get people sorted for their pictures when we did family photos. It meant that the photographer could just call out "next" and they were there and ready to go. I wanted him to not worry about anything but taking lovely pics! It worked a treat

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HearMeRoar View Post
    I wish I'd had a dress code for guests. Even if it was "no jeans".

I wish I'd gone with the photographer that I wanted.

All the best for your big day, I'm sure it will be perfect
    My brother had 'cocktail' for dress code. My uncle turned up in shorts, an old faded polo shirt and sandals.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Too remember more that's only one day in the rest of your life. Too stress less and enjoy more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That I'd had a chance to speak to more people! Some people came great distances, and even with a BBQ the next day, I didn't get to see as much of them as I'd like.

There's not really anything major I'd change. We had a couple of hiccups but nothing big enough to leave bad memories. Be prepared for a sore face though - my cheeks hurt from all the smiling and the bouquets get heavy after a while. Mine wasn't even that big but my arm still got sore!

My advice is just plan for everything. Give your photographer a list of photos and an assistant to wrangle people - it can take a while to get groups together with people chatting. And take a moment to take it all in. After we did the group photos, there's a shot of us standing there just talking while the wedding party got drinks etc and it's one of my fav shots. Didn't even know she'd taken it until after! Our photographer was awesome. I hate posing, so we have lots of candids and fun shots of us laughing etc, plus the more standard ones. I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

Hope you have a great day and have fun!