+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GucciDahling View Post
    I wish we had gotten married where we wanted to and not listened to others opinions.

I also wish I had worn the shorter length dress I wanted to - which would have suited the morning garden wedding thing more than what I bought - again those pesky opinions of others!

But... It was still the best day of my life. And I don't care about what went wrong.

Don't worry if some of the smaller touches get forgotten. No one other than you knows they were supposed to be there.

Take a moment or 2 with your DH just to breathe it all in. The day will go so fast.

Pick the photographer whose style you adore and be clear about what you want.

Have a wonderful day! Congratulations!
    People pushing their opinions and dissing your choices just sucks. Why people get all weird when it comes to weddings and babies - I'll never know! I was selfish for once and just stuck to my guns (mostly!) As I preferred the stress pre wedding than during the day and regrets after.

Also we paid for it all. So we could do what we wanted.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (13-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wish I had chosen a dress for me and not my mum. I wish I hadn't gotten married in a church for my grandmother. That's all. The rest was awesome.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Truly? Nothing. We had a beautiful wedding that didn't overstretch our budget, I had a lovely cake which wasn't 2 grand and my dress was a Deb dress and no one knew the difference. My advice to you as someone who has been married a long time is just relax and don't obsess. It's one day in your life. And when you get obsessive and have to have every single detail perfect, it often ruins it for people around you. Not saying that will be you Just remember why you are there - to marry your soul mate. All the rest doesn't matter.
    Hehe. I loved my 'cake'. We got assorted cupcakes from an awesome place and even got some cute ones for the kids.

I also did not do traditional things like dances, cake cutting and we also did not do much with speeches.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wish we had spent the money on a videographer or at least had someone film the speeches and ceremony. We had such unexpectedly beautiful speeches but I can't remember what was said! And my DH cried through the whole day but you can't really tell through just the photos. Hope your day is wonderful!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I wish I had a Videographer, we had a friend film what he could, but you can so tell when you watch it, especially in the evening!

The only other thing I would have changed, some of the guests which we invited out of pressure and obligation.

Apart from that, it was a magical time, I loved it.

All the best for your wedding day OP, hope it all goes to plan for you. x

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would've reduced the guest list and stopped trying to please others. We invited DHs cousins cause it would've upset his parents if we hadn't. We wished we hadn't after.
    Eat the food and have some cake! I was so stressed I didn't touch anything and so I never got to try our wedding cake! :-0

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wish we'd gone with a professional photographer rather than the person who was cheap and 'ok'. I also wish we'd had video of some moments.

I also wish I'd spoken up when the hairdresser did my hair differently from the agreed hairstyle. I ended up with awful hair because they did something that was the opposite of what I'd wanted and I didn't speak up! Must. be. more. assertive.

And I wish we'd paid for an extra hour at the reception. The time just disappeared and we didn't get to speak to everyone.

But - even with all that, we still loved our wedding. So the moral I guess is that even if things go wrong, don't stress, it can still all be okay and you can still have a great time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Word of mouth is definitely worth listening to! I was recommended a particular mobile hair and make up service by multiple people, but chose a different group as they were slightly cheaper. While my hair and makeup on the day were lovely, all the stress the business owner gave me wasn't worth it. I.e. I asked for airbrushed make up yet my trial was booked with a makeup artist who doesn't do it. She also did my hair and then wasn't the one who turned up on the actual wedding day (luckily the one who came was 100x better)! Also I contacted the owner a few days before the wedding to ask them to arrive an hour earlier at the request of the photographers (so they weren't just sitting around waiting for us to finish hair and makeup) which she assured me was no trouble. Shame she didn't communicate that to the 2 girls who came to do our hair and makeup!

Also don't pick an obscure song for your wedding dance. I did (still stand by my choice though) and the DJ f-ed it up. I told home he wouldn't find it on iTunes and that I could provide him with the file either email/burnt to cd etc and he declined saying it "was better for him to find it". Found out the day before the wedding he couldn't find it (which I had already told him), so provided him with my iPhone on the day with the song lined up ready to go. He still played the wrong song. It's the only thing that came close to ruining my day. Lucky I was able to let it go at the time. I'm still annoyed by it though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Don't believe it when people tell you that "all brides lose weight before the wedding". I went to have my final fitting and pick up my dress on the Wednesday before the wedding. It didn't fit. They'd made it too small and then the dressmaker had the hide to complain because there wasn't much of the seams that she could let out. Like seriously lady. It's a $3000 dress and I've been having regular fittings for the last 3 months. I had not put on weight, but I hadn't lost any either. Annoyed because it was from a very well known wedding dress designer and the lady doing my fittings was amazing. Shame she wasn't the one sewing it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Actually, on the weight thing, don't lose heaps of weight. You read and hear of women all the time wanting to weigh what they did on their wedding day, wanting to fit back into their wedding dress etc etc. I stayed the weight I was and now, 8 years later and after 2 kids, I'm actually 5 kilos lighter. I still looked good in my photos and I have the bonus of being able to say yeah, I fit into my wedding dress with some room to spare. Eat the food 😁