What do you wish... | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What do you wish...

You had done for your wedding day but didn't..

If you could have your day again, what would you do differently? Buy to make your day easier? Anything you regret not getting?

My wedding is a few weeks away and just trying to work out any things I've forgotten or cool ideas I could incorporate

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default What do you wish...

I wish I had chosen different music to walk down the aisle to and different readings. I wish I had paid for a DJ.

I also wished that I wasn't so stressed and just took a bit more time in the morning to unwind beforehand and enjoy. I'm MoH for my sis and I am definitely going to make sure she does this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Make a list of the combinations you would like for photos. I realised after the day that I didn't get one with just my Nanna and I. I wish I had that now as she has passed.

Eat in the morning and make sure you have some food and drinks for the bridal party during photos. At our friends wedding they 'incorporated it' yet it was barely anything and we were hot and hungry!

Enjoy the day and let go of the little things. It goes so quickly.

Congratulations!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Used a different hairdresser - mine did not show! Then the salons boss blamed me for booking the wrong day (apparently I was booked for the week before according to them).

Otherwise I was happy with it. Small, somewhat simple. We had it at a little winery that was old and antique-y. Good food, wine, beer and family and friends we love and adore. That is what mattered to us.

We wrote the ceremony (well, I did! DH oked it and chose the vows from 3 options and changed bits and pieces).

Still love my dress. I only wish my mum was there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I regret not eating my dinner. I was sick and didn't feel like eating, but it made me even more dizzy.

I also regret not packing the overnight bag earlier than the night before. I forgot a lot of important things - like shoes and toothbrushes.

I regret not giving a list of photos I wanted to the photographer. I missed some important shots - like individually with my bridesmaids, with my grandparents, with my train down (stupid, stupid, stupid). The best photo we had was an Abbey Lane style photo, almost in the dark. It was a film photographer (one of the last I think), and it was a truly awesome shot!

The best thing I did to reduce stress was delegate tasks to family members. That way I didn't have to worry about any of it. I also had some very talented friends play the music pieces for the ceremony. I loved it.

A friend said she didn't have a hair and make up trial and really wishes she had. Her make up was too dark and she re did it. She also ended up changing her hair herself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    I wish I'd paid for an extra hour at the venue and with the band. Just as things were really cooking on the dance floor we had to pack up and leave.

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I wish we had gotten married where we wanted to and not listened to others opinions.

I also wish I had worn the shorter length dress I wanted to - which would have suited the morning garden wedding thing more than what I bought - again those pesky opinions of others!

But... It was still the best day of my life. And I don't care about what went wrong.

Don't worry if some of the smaller touches get forgotten. No one other than you knows they were supposed to be there.

Take a moment or 2 with your DH just to breathe it all in. The day will go so fast.

Pick the photographer whose style you adore and be clear about what you want.

Have a wonderful day! Congratulations!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    I also wish I hadn't made a big deal about stupid traditions I didn't really care about like spending the night before the wedding apart even though we already lived together.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great ideas ☺️

I love hearing other people's wedding advice and ideas atm

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Truly? Nothing. We had a beautiful wedding that didn't overstretch our budget, I had a lovely cake which wasn't 2 grand and my dress was a Deb dress and no one knew the difference. My advice to you as someone who has been married a long time is just relax and don't obsess. It's one day in your life. And when you get obsessive and have to have every single detail perfect, it often ruins it for people around you. Not saying that will be you Just remember why you are there - to marry your soul mate. All the rest doesn't matter.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Mod-Degrassi  (14-11-2015),Moxy  (13-11-2015)