+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 68 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Lynn Burmeister Monash IVF-feedback wanted please #6

Quote Originally Posted by Augustine View Post
    Hi Ladies, I've not written on here for a while. Have been seeing Lynn for a number of years and was spoilt to have 2 DS (one natural, one assisted and 2 losses in between).

So after 5 rounds of clomid, 7 months of progesterone, a tubal flush and lots of hoping.... I was delighted to learn I was expecting. Had early scan at 7 1/2 weeks and discovered two eggs, one without a yolk and the other one with a fetus and nice strong heartbeat measuring 6 weeks. Sonograhper says that it's quite unlikely that the egg with no yolk will develop but that the other one is nice and healthy - so a great result.

Went in for harmony blood test at 10 1/2 weeks and they offered a free scan so I thought why not - put my mind at ease. Sonographer starts the scan and immediately goes quiet. I can see a baby but it is small and lifeless. She shows me where the heartbeat should be and there is nothing. I'm just thinking - how can this be happening. Again!? My previous MC were also like this - missed miscarriages where I have no symptoms, no bleeding, just loss of heartbeat.

I was only 10 days away from 12 weeks. 10 days away from getting ready to share my news. I'm so shattered and can't even fathom picking myself up to go through the rollercoaster journey of conceiving again. I'm so terribly lucky to have my two boys and I'm unbelievably grateful for that but still feel such a heavy heart for the baby that I had got excited about, planned and hoped for... and then had taken away.

Had my D&C Friday with Lynn - she was wonderful. She said she thinks that one of the twins had a chromosome abnormality and this perhaps impacted upon the other healthy one. They have sent off for testing given my history with miscarriage so perhaps there will be some answers there.

I will have a follow up appointment with Lynn in the New Year. I'm wondering if what the next step will be from here.... if it's back on the same regime of fertility induction drugs (my issue is poor ovarian reserve and anovolution) or if we will have better odds going straight to IVF.

Telling family has been strange. For some reason it seems as though because I've been through this before I should be used to this by now...
    @Augustine I'm so sorry to see you here, it's such a rough thing to go through all the cycles and get some good news for it to fall away again... I know that feeling well... Just be kind to yourself and hug those babies xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue77 View Post
    Tanej 78.. what a battle u have had. . Yes it does become a very gruelling journey for some of us... Anyways all we can do is just keep trying all the diff options....and pray something works

Has anyone of you tried Luveris? ? And omnitrope? ?
    Hey Mate, @Sue77, funny you should say Luveris Sue! I just got off the phone with lynn's office and I'm going to try it out on day 6! how about about? which day do you start it on? I've also been on omnitrope (very expensive) and have done it again this round...I don't think there's anything else she can do for me but I have to stay really positive. I'm going to call my nurse later today and she'll give me the details about Luveris...did Lynn suggest it for you to hun?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Faiths love For This Useful Post:

Sue77  (24-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Feeling for you, what a storey @Augustine x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SophJ View Post
    @Faiths love, sorry about your BFN? Was it a fresh or FET cycle? Did you transfer a PGD normal embryo?
    Regarding the intralipid, I reckon give it ago. The nurse at Richmond said more and more people doing it now and it is quite safe. Coz it's not really a medication, it's quite natural.
    Hi @SophJ this was a FET and we didn't do PGD testing either. Yeah hun, I'm going to give the Intralipid a shot. I'm running out of things so I need to give this a real go!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Faiths Love. . How are you ? Yes I have also been told to start Luveris from day 6... plus using omnitrope as well ( yes v expensive. . I hope it makes some diff ).. Like u .. she has very few options left for me as well.. In fact she almost gave up on us .. it's we , who went back to her after taking 2nd n 3rd opinions... There is nothing else we can do other than trying our best.... hopefully one day ???

Are u stimming before Christmas love ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    How r u doing Tanej 78? Are you cycling or taking a break at the moment?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue77 View Post
    How r u doing Tanej 78? Are you cycling or taking a break at the moment?
    Hey @Sue77 no I jumped back on the wagon... CD7 today... New combo of FSH meds puregon and menapor... First scan yesterday got about 36 follies in total but still quite small... Next scan thurs and intralipid booked for Monday... 😬☺️

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tanej 78 36 !!!! Omg good luck hun... I really wish it works really soon for all of us who are cycling... is it normal to have your first scan on day 9? My nurse said as its a down regulation cycle .. and u have to start Luveris for 3 days before we can scan u .... but I m kind of worried that day 9 is too late .. what if LB wants to up or down the drugs ???

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Sue77 yea but nuts but they were counting over 20 on each side last time but only collected 14 so we'll c what happens!

It's hard but we kinda have to trust in them, I scan a lot because of my PCOS & AMH and history of ohss... I'm not familiar with the kind of cycle your in I get lost with all the different names what day is your scan?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Lynn Burmeister Monash IVF-feedback wanted please #6

@Sue77 my 2nd scan is cd9 but we haven't changed anything if that gives you piece of mind? This is my 2nd stim with lb so I'm guessing they have a fair idea what expect from us xx