Lynn Burmeister Monash IVF-feedback wanted please #6 | Page 59 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 949575859
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Lynn Burmeister Monash IVF-feedback wanted please #6

@Mongol, as you know I've just had my first appt with Wazza in Brisbane. He doesn't even compare to what I've experienced with Monash.

I know all IVF clinics are in it for the money. But Monash have completely lost the plot. My Monash doctor has never ONCE even done any kind of physical examination of me or my partner. She almost missed telling us in our 2nd appt that my partner had serious sperm issues- we were literally standing ready to walk out when I asked her 'so... Is the sperm analysis ok then?'... And it WASNT! She had missed it.. She had no clue.

Wazza examined us both physically & spent 90 minutes with us taking an extremely detailed history. He used a Doppler to look at my uterus & has found a serious problem with my endometrial blood pressure.

And this is after 2 stim cycles with Monash. Where you see your doctor for maybe 10-15 minutes, nurses do all your scans, a random FS does ur EPU & Another random does your transfer.

Our FET was unsuccessful 2 weeks ago. Not a single person has contacted us to ask how we're doing, or to ask what we want to do next.. Oh apart from a very smart Alec finance woman who wanted to tell me I needed to pay for embryo storage.

I'll never recommend Monash to anyone.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Charlie74 For This Useful Post:

fitz73  (17-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Charlie74 wow Wazza sounds like someone who's takes his patients very seriously and invests time in them. I've never had a 90 min appointment with any FS so far. Most spend 10-20 mins and I agree they don't even go into the reports. I feel like saying to them if you're not going to discuss our test results with us, why did we get them done! At the last appointment with our FS my husband asked how's my semen analysis results compare to results from last time (which was done 3 years ago). The FS said I don't know as I don't have your previous results. To which I then said you do have the results as I submitted them well before our appointment. Anyway, we didn't get any of that info and I figured it'll be easier if we just compared the results ourselves! Not sure why we pay $190 for each appointment if we can't get answers to simple questions. I really don't want to see my FS again, even to discuss what went wrong with the last protocol as I think it'll be a waste of time.
    I'm so glad that you finally saw Wazza but also very disappointed that your previous FS was reckless! She should've checked your lining, that's pure carelessness. Monash is just not organised at all, I agree with your comment re random people doing things. Our nurse has made so many unbelievable comments that now I don't believe anything she says.
    I'm praying that Wazza does his magic on you and treats you're issues fingers crossed! You are in good hands. I would lodge a formal complain against your previous FS and Monash if I were you for the time and money wasted. Take care! xx

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Lynn Burmeister Monash IVF-feedback wanted please #6

Hello ladies, I'm just wondering if any of you have had experience in speaking to Lynn about using donor eggs, and if so, how much information was she able to give you?
    My husband and I saw Lynn a couple of years ago when we tried IVF (unsuccessfully) to give our little boy a sibling after his sister passed away from asthma. Because of my age (46), Lynn told us that our only hope would be to use a donor egg, but we never took it any further.
    We're now thinking of looking into the possibility of finding an egg donor and are thinking of making an appointment to discuss it with Lynn. Just wanted some input from anyone here who is happy to share with me. Thanks so much.
    Last edited by siansmum; 19-09-2016 at 21:09.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by siansmum View Post
    Hello ladies, I'm just wondering if any of you have had experience in speaking to Lynn about using donor eggs, and if so, how much information was she able to give you?
    My husband and I saw Lynn a couple of years ago when we tried IVF (unsuccessfully) to give our little boy a sibling after his sister passed away from asthma. Because of my age (46), Lynn told us that our only hope would be to use a donor egg, but we never took it any further.
    We're now thinking of looking into the possibility of finding an egg donor and are thinking of making an appointment to discuss it with Lynn. Just wanted some input from anyone here who is happy to share with me. Thanks so much.
    I have ...she will help you so I recommend you go have a chat and discuss your options with her.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

siansmum  (19-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by emski72 View Post
    I have ...she will help you so I recommend you go have a chat and discuss your options with her.
    Emski72, can I ask if you used an overseas donor or someone from Australia?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by siansmum View Post
    Emski72, can I ask if you used an overseas donor or someone from Australia?
    Overseas donor x

9. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

siansmum  (20-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has anyone had their Medicare claims lodged by Monash rejected. Code 308 IVF conditions not met?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @SoReady I haven't had a claim rejected. The only thing I can think of is that your referral wasn't valid? Double check that your referral is indefinite before calling Monash accounts. Good luck with dealing with them as they do tend to make errors.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by calypso75 View Post
    @SoReady I haven't had a claim rejected. The only thing I can think of is that your referral wasn't valid? Double check that your referral is indefinite before calling Monash accounts. Good luck with dealing with them as they do tend to make errors.
    Ah could be thanks. I got a new referral and gave it to my nurse before my cycle was initially paid for. I did a stim cycle but had to do a freeze all because I was over stimmed. The claim for the stim cycle went through fine but the 'discounted' FET cycle to follow has been rejected. When I called to book my heartbeat scan Lynn's receptionist said my referral was out of date but I told her I had given it to the nurse. Maybe it never got passed to her rooms and the old one was used. I keep playing phone tag with accounts and just want to speak to someone