+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 68 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I know the feeling Dalym. This is cycle 12 for us (including FET's). This will be our 6th stim but that's including the one that was cancelled last year. The $$$ we have spent is huge (remortgaging the house, drawing on our super etc) and I too am so over putting life on hold. You have made such a brave decision to say that this is your last time. If we are not preg by the end of next year we are going to look at other options because I can't keep doing this forever. This is my first cycle with Lynn so I am hoping she has the magic touch. We are not doing our transfer until next year (for various reasons including putting this on hold rather than my life for a change) so I guess we won't know until then. Wishing you the best of luck and I hope you'll keep me updated on how you go xo

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Lynn Burmeister Monash IVF-feedback wanted please #6

Just been reading the comments here. I am another very unhappy Monash patient. I have done one stim cycle with them recently in Melbourne (no transfer as no embies) and I'm pretty shocked at the lack of care factor. I cycled previously at a clinic in Sydney which was much much better than Monash (and it thought they were pretty average). I don't know why Monash is charging much higher fees. During my stim, I only had 2 blood tests and scans, chased the nurse for any questions as she was never available on the phone and worked limited days a week, EPU don't by some random doctor (this was not the case at my previous clinic), no contact after EPU to check how I'm going and to convey progress of embies, rude finance department staff, no instructions provided on how to take some of the injections, no assistance with drug side effects, etc. the list goes on. I now have trouble believing anything they say as I've lost confidence. I couldn't get a counselling session when I needed it, there's a 2 week wait and I checked 2 locations. So why am I paying them when the doctor charges separate fees? I asked for copies of all my reports and they said it'll take two weeks!
    For those who have switched clinics, can you please share your thoughts and feedback so we can also benefit? I would go to another clinic in a heartbeat but my FS works with Monash. Although I'm actually ready to change FS just because of Monash.
    Last edited by BH-bubhub; 17-10-2016 at 09:18.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mongol For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (17-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Charlie74 wow Wazza sounds like someone who's takes his patients very seriously and invests time in them. I've never had a 90 min appointment with any FS so far. Most spend 10-20 mins and I agree they don't even go into the reports. I feel like saying to them if you're not going to discuss our test results with us, why did we get them done! At the last appointment with our FS my husband asked how's my semen analysis results compare to results from last time (which was done 3 years ago). The FS said I don't know as I don't have your previous results. To which I then said you do have the results as I submitted them well before our appointment. Anyway, we didn't get any of that info and I figured it'll be easier if we just compared the results ourselves! Not sure why we pay $190 for each appointment if we can't get answers to simple questions. I really don't want to see my FS again, even to discuss what went wrong with the last protocol as I think it'll be a waste of time.
    I'm so glad that you finally saw Wazza. Monash is just not organised at all, I agree with your comment re random people doing things. Our nurse has made so many unbelievable comments that now I don't believe anything she says.
    I'm praying that Wazza does his magic on you and treats you're issues fingers crossed! You are in good hands. I would lodge a formal complain against your previous FS and Monash if I were you for the time and money wasted. Take care! xx
    Last edited by BH-bubhub; 17-10-2016 at 09:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Lynn Burmeister Monash IVF-feedback wanted please #6

Hello ladies, I'm just wondering if any of you have had experience in speaking to Lynn about using donor eggs, and if so, how much information was she able to give you?
    My husband and I saw Lynn a couple of years ago when we tried IVF (unsuccessfully) to give our little boy a sibling after his sister passed away from asthma. Because of my age (46), Lynn told us that our only hope would be to use a donor egg, but we never took it any further.
    We're now thinking of looking into the possibility of finding an egg donor and are thinking of making an appointment to discuss it with Lynn. Just wanted some input from anyone here who is happy to share with me. Thanks so much.
    Last edited by siansmum; 19-09-2016 at 21:09.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by siansmum View Post
    Hello ladies, I'm just wondering if any of you have had experience in speaking to Lynn about using donor eggs, and if so, how much information was she able to give you?
    My husband and I saw Lynn a couple of years ago when we tried IVF (unsuccessfully) to give our little boy a sibling after his sister passed away from asthma. Because of my age (46), Lynn told us that our only hope would be to use a donor egg, but we never took it any further.
    We're now thinking of looking into the possibility of finding an egg donor and are thinking of making an appointment to discuss it with Lynn. Just wanted some input from anyone here who is happy to share with me. Thanks so much.
    I have ...she will help you so I recommend you go have a chat and discuss your options with her.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

siansmum  (19-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by emski72 View Post
    I have ...she will help you so I recommend you go have a chat and discuss your options with her.
    Emski72, can I ask if you used an overseas donor or someone from Australia?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by siansmum View Post
    Emski72, can I ask if you used an overseas donor or someone from Australia?
    Overseas donor x

10. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

siansmum  (20-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has anyone had their Medicare claims lodged by Monash rejected. Code 308 IVF conditions not met?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @SoReady I haven't had a claim rejected. The only thing I can think of is that your referral wasn't valid? Double check that your referral is indefinite before calling Monash accounts.
    Last edited by BH-bubhub; 13-10-2016 at 10:18.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by calypso75 View Post
    @SoReady I haven't had a claim rejected. The only thing I can think of is that your referral wasn't valid? Double check that your referral is indefinite before calling Monash accounts.
    Ah could be thanks. I got a new referral and gave it to my nurse before my cycle was initially paid for. I did a stim cycle but had to do a freeze all because I was over stimmed. The claim for the stim cycle went through fine but the 'discounted' FET cycle to follow has been rejected. When I called to book my heartbeat scan Lynn's receptionist said my referral was out of date but I told her I had given it to the nurse. Maybe it never got passed to her rooms and the old one was used. I keep playing phone tag with accounts and just want to speak to someone
    Last edited by BH-bubhub; 13-10-2016 at 10:18.