+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 68 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    It should at least be transparent and honest. A 'global fee' is both patronising and dishonest, every time I've queried how it's made up I get bullsh*t back in reply or just ignored. All the way from 'It's the drugs' to 'It's the EPU and doctors fees'.... well, Medicare cover the drugs and we pay the EPU hospital fees ourselves, separately. Just be honest and break down what the actual costs are!

I have no objection to people making a bit of money in return for a good service, but I get really angry when they lie to me and make stuff up thinking I'm an idiot enough to swallow it.

As you say, Shanny, it does absolutely play on the emotions of TTC, it's horrific. I caught sight of one of the Monash replies to my GP (usually we don't see this) and 2 lines of the letter were about us, the rest of the letter was *an advert* to the doctor to get more patients sent their way, all before the signature of the sender. That's advertising and touting for new business on my medical record!!

It does excite me a bit that there's a few of us that feel exactly the same way and that we could get together to kick back.

It honestly isn't the sadness or disappointment that can come from IVF that drives this, we can actually handle that pretty well - it's the way these guys operate; but you can bet your bottom dollar that they view our complaints as the former and just dismiss it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I actually have some questions myself about this global fee especially since I am paying the same for my stim cycle when I am 'freezing all' rather than having a transfer. Surely I should be paying less. I am going to follow this up with them so will report back on how I go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We just did that same thing. They tried another 3+k bill for the 1st FET of the cycle. After debate they conceded it was invoiced in error (was it though or did I just call them out?) it was reduced to 1.8k, 300 odd bucks out of pocket.

To my mind the 1st FET should be inclusive of the 10k, just like it is for fresh transfer. Them making another 1.8k from myself and the taxpayer doesn't make sense to me, especially when full price was paid for the cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the info Fitz73. They did say that they would discount the FET but only if I do it immediately following the stim. I am recovering from surgery on both my feet at the moment and so not a great time to get pregnant. We want to do 2 x stim cycles before the end of the year and then start transferring early next year. They said that if I do 2 back to back freeze all stims they will only give me one discounted FET and not two. That makes absolutely no sense to me at all and I am pretty unhappy about it. I was going to just accept it but after reading this thread I think I should push back a little.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ShannyAnny For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (08-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just to let you know, we did 2 month gap between the EPU and the FET. So maybe that's why they tried the 3k on. But it's a joke really, it makes sod all difference if it's 1 month or 5.

I'd definitely push back, or at least make then explain in full and proper detail why they won't 'discount'.

The word discount in this context is painful, as it shouldn't be 'more expensive' in the first place, so the discount is actually what it *should* be!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Interestingly, i was just reading this article "IVF industry criticised for 'misleading claims, aggressive marketing" on ABC website. Although article is on comparitive success rates i thought it interest complaints about the industry are being made to ACCC. I feel a letter coming being complied.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It seems they have definitely changed the practice on FET credits. I did 4 stims (April, June, August last year and feb this year) and did 2 FET (last Nov and this Mar), each time my OOP was about 150/160, but I guess it is no longer the case. If OOP is approx 800 then it is the same cost as other clinic's FET so I don't see how it is discounted.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Btae For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (09-09-2016),ShannyAnny  (09-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I only complained about the nurse once, tbh, I did not enjoy dealing with LB receptionists either and even started a few fights over the phone. I have moved on, I still felt like I was treated as a number in Monash system, absolutely hated that. I didn't complain to the fs because I was still cycling with her and hoping to get good results.
    Last edited by BH-bubhub; 17-10-2016 at 09:27.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Btae For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (09-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I am starting my Synarel tomorrow for my down reg stim cycle. I should be starting on my stim meds in about two weeks. Is anybody else cycling at the moment or in the next couple of weeks?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Started on my Synarel a couple of weeks back and first day of injections was Tuesday. First scan and bloods next Wednesday. We've decided that this is our last time - this will be out 5th. Apart from all the $$$ we're spending, life has been put on hold for too long! Good luck Shanny Anny x