+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 68 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Faiths Love, hope all is well with you. I had bad experiences with a newish nurse who got my med wrong, wrong dosage, went on leave without telling me during cycling and didn't pass on her backup arrangements, so on. I wrote a complaint email to Chole who was taking the leadership position at that time and she took care my last cycle with Monash. It isn't just the nurse, the receptionists are just as bad....

Thanks
    Reviews
    From my experience sometimes you just get terrible nurses. With Melbourne ivf ive found you need to constantly ask the questions from meds, dosage to when morning/evening to take. When we started we just took what was said as gospel but now we have them check everything with the fs twice. Ive learnt through this process you can't really trust the nurses to get anything correct.

We're considering moving to moash ivf as were not very happy with the lack of donor profiles. Which monash clinic you with Faith love?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a similar experience, my first nurse who was also my last nurse was fantastic and really looked after me when I started. It was a completely different experience with the "middle" one who I know transferred to another role within Monash, maybe that is why she dropped the ball.
    Last edited by BH-bubhub; 17-10-2016 at 09:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The nurse I have this time is also pretty ditzy. To be honest I feel like are a bit overloaded with work now they are doing the scans and everything too. The waiting room is always busy, my nurse I don't think has any idea who I actually am and will repeat conversations with me that we've already had, she also went on leave mid cycle but didn't tell me and I was left talking to a different person each day and no one main contact. That said, previous nurses I've had have been fantastic and some of the the ones I dealt with in my nurses absence were also great. I think they're just so busy and some are still fairly new and trying to get across everything. As for the receptionist, she is just plain rude half and dismissive half the time. You feel like an inconvenience asking her anything.
    I would change though cos I want to stick with Lynn.

Thanks
    Reviews
    +1 for severe issues at Monash in regards to communication, people always being on holiday or away days, incorrect instructions. We have rescued our own cycles a couple of times by pointing out their mistakes.

One thing I really struggled with is the atmosphere of them doing you some sort of favour and feeling like a pest when you insist on communication and clarity. What other business would treat people that way when the service you're paying for costs in excess of 10k (multiple times!) ?

They also seem reluctant to stray from the 'one size fits all' formulas of IVF and try more innovative approaches.

Don't get me wrong, some of the personalities there are lovely, but the business as a whole is troubling.

The embryologists, in my opinion, are legendary - their communication is fantastic, it's only when we speak with them that we feel we are not being slightly patronised or treated as a number.
    Last edited by BH-bubhub; 17-10-2016 at 09:31.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fitz73 For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (08-09-2016),ShannyAnny  (08-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by fitz73 View Post
    +1 for severe issues at Monash in regards to communication, people always being on holiday or away days, incorrect instructions. We have rescued our own cycles a couple of times by pointing out their mistakes.

One thing I really struggled with is the atmosphere of them doing you some sort of favour and feeling like a pest when you insist on communication and clarity. What other business would treat people that way when the service you're paying for costs in excess of 10k (multiple times!) ?

They also seem reluctant to stray from the 'one size fits all' formulas of IVF and try more innovative approaches.

Don't get me wrong, some of the personalities there are lovely, but the business as a whole is troubling.

The embryologists, in my opinion, are legendary - their communication is fantastic, it's only when we speak with them that we feel we are not being slightly patronised or treated as a number.
    This!!! It upsets me that I have to be 100% on top of everything, questioning everything and picking up on mistakes all the time. It means that I have massive trust issues and can't relax knowing that everything is being taken cared of. I am not a doctor and don't know what other mistakes have been made that I haven't picked up on. Under my last fs (not Lynn), I picked up on 6 significant mistakes over a period of about 18 months. One error was huge and could of led to the use of donor sperm or surrogacy unnecessarily
    Last edited by BH-bubhub; 17-10-2016 at 09:31.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ShannyAnny For This Useful Post:

Btae  (08-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am now with new clinic, I am in heaven compared to Monash. I don't feel rushed, I can email nurses and they always come back to me. When I have questions for fs, I pass to nurse and they check with fs for me as I am interstate.

Take embryos transportation as an example, new clinic contacted me immediately and explained the process in details and costs. I completed the consent form and had to wait for 2 weeks for Monash account to send me the invoice for admin fees. I called the account lady like 5 times after I got the invoice and she is never there to answer the calls! She did call me back this morning and I was in meeting. Eventually I got fed up and asked for another person to process the payment so it doesn't drag on for another week.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Btae For This Useful Post:

fitz73  (08-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Btae, good to hear! Care to recommend the new place (PM me if you want to remain anonymous! :-)).

I'm game for a collective of us to get together and start making waves. Power in numbers and all that, especially if we have an organised and unified approach to the Ombudsman.

I reckon the problem will be that Monash (and others) often conform to the Health Care rules, but not necessarily to the rules of good business or good communication. I guess the good thing here is that it gets paid heaps by Medicare, so is answerable to the tax payer as well as us private patients, so it could be that general ethics and morality of the charging structure could be questioned.

Unless you can prove they've caused you harm, it could be a dead end. If stress was quantifiable then they'd be stuffed!.
    Last edited by fitz73; 08-09-2016 at 16:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im all for making waves. May have to research the best place to start making the ripples. Its never occurred to me to give feedback or complain to an Ombudsman before about this industry. Ive feedback to the clinic and it seems to land on deaf ears.

Btae, would be interested as well on the new clinic 😊 We're looking at interstate as the rules are different in each state when you need to use the sperm register.

Thanks
    Reviews
    To be honest, I find it disgusting that people are able to profit from the misfortune of others in this way! Those who are fighting the battle of infertility have too much on their plate to take up the fight. Those who are no longer undergoing treatment are either too consumed with grief if the treatment has failed or are busy mums and dads of little ones if the treatments have worked and so it seems that there is no one to really fight the fight. Those who haven't been in the situation themselves either don't understand or even worse they don't really care. So I guess that's how they get away with it

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ShannyAnny For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (08-09-2016),fitz73  (08-09-2016)