+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 68 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Faiths love View Post
    @Cooki - was that an embryo from another clinic I assume?
    Yes we did transfer our 2 last blast from another clinic ☺

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cooki For This Useful Post:

Faiths love  (15-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=lileitak;8454048]This is all available on VARTA for Monash IVF. Not sure Lynn has her own stats as she is part of the larger team and I believe they report together.

A quick Google would have lead you here.

Hello, I did all my googling and Varta didn't come up, it was only pages to do with Monash, where on the site are the stats?
    Im looking at advantages/disadvantages and anything that can sway me.
    I have already dealt with Monash before and I find their admin/nurses completely unreliable and now that I have this upcoming appt with Lyn and no one has replied its not giving me much faith.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Lynn Burmeister Monash IVF-feedback wanted please #6

@lissimmo from my own experience Lynn's rooms prefer to deal with patients over the phone. It's a very hectic environment, whenever I've been in the waiting room their phones go off non stop. They seem to use the email address to release medical info/ results only (they sometimes have an auto email reply which specifies this). It's a bit frustrating I know as I myself much prefer things to be in writing! But as I really wanted to see Lynn I persevered. Also, Lynn mentioned some stats to me in my first appointment.. I didn't ask but she was comparing Monash to my previous clinic (sorry can't recall what they were as it was over a year ago now). But also agree with some other comments- the stats are interesting to know but as I have a tricky case I feel they aren't really relevant to me. Am currently overseas right now trying my luck with a donor egg!
    Last edited by kuwtk; 14-04-2016 at 13:53.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kuwtk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Cooki congrats! May I ask what prompted you to switch clinics?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lissimmo View Post
    Hello, I did all my googling and Varta didn't come up, it was only pages to do with Monash, where on the site are the stats?
    Im looking at advantages/disadvantages and anything that can sway me.
    I have already dealt with Monash before and I find their admin/nurses completely unreliable and now that I have this upcoming appt with Lyn and no one has replied its not giving me much faith.
    Sorry my post sounded b&tchy - which wasn't the intent.

Before we started IVF a couple years ago, I did heaps on online "research" and concluded that, for me personally, there was more to a doctor than stats. As I said, Lynn takes on difficult patients, some of whom will never have success, which will sway her results.

I also realised I should have linked the report, not the VARTA site.

This will give you all the stats for Monash - and specifically Richmond/Hawthorn where Lynn is based. Stats start on p31.

https://www.varta.org.au/sites/defau...eport 2015.pdf

I also agree with the others, telephone is the best way. God, sometimes you can barely get through on the phone they are so busy.
    Last edited by ilex; 14-04-2016 at 13:54.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kuwtk View Post
    @Cooki congrats! May I ask what prompted you to switch clinics?
    Hi kuwtk
    Umm I feel the fs at my old clinic didn't want to investigate when we had a Chem preg and 2 fail fet transfer with them. Their motto were it's a numbers game just keep throwing eggs in there. The fs didn't even bother checking my tubes or nothing so that's y we decided to switch.

Further more my old clinic does not do ultrasound guided transfer and I believe a combination of endo scratch by Lynn and ultrasound guided tranfer brought me this BFP. Oh and I took up walking on trad mill every second night a couple of weeks leading up to tranfer and continue to do so now.

We felt we should have switch clinic after our first FET fail but hey what can we go just Glad jt worked out for the best.

Hope this helps 😀

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cooki For This Useful Post:

kuwtk  (14-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @lissimmo - please speak to Lynn about your concern's about the nurses and people getting back to you. I know I did and she completely understood where I was coming from and was dealing with my concerns.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely well worded.

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=Charlie74;8454870]
    Quote Originally Posted by lissimmo View Post
    @Lissimo, I'm with Monash & LB. so here's my 2 cents worth.

I went to her Bcos she has such a great reputation. I was 40 when I first saw her, and we have MFI also.

as yet I have nothing else to compare to Bcos I've never seen any other FS. I'm not pregnant yet so I definitely can't rave about her- but that's not to say I don't think I've had good treatment in a medical sense. I think medically the treatment has been good. She checked things that apparently many others don't check.
    I guess if she gets you pregnant... then most women are going to sing her praises.. If she doesn't then you might be less inclined to give fab feedback. At this point I'm probably somewhere in the middle.

I've come to the conclusion that most of us kind of agree that you'll never get warm & fuzzies in the consulting rooms, from either LB or her staff. And I have found her nurse there to be a bit too flippant & not great with follow thru (even when a MONASH nurse has asked her to organise a script, I still had to call a few hours later and prompt her to get it for me). I'm a nurse myself, and I think nurses should behave & interact in a certain way... and I haven't appreciated my interactions with her.

As many have said before 'I don't need warm and fuzzies- I want a great doctor who can get me a take home baby'. I used to fully agree with that. I don't really anymore. I think that doctors need to consider more than just the mechanics of a body, Bcos we are more that just a body. We are complex beings and it's not necessarily good enough to just ignore the psychosocial and emotional aspects of IVF & infertility (& yes their are Monash counsellors but lots of women will NEVER go near those counsellors Bcos often it's difficult to acknowledge you need help).

the stress of this stuff can end relationships, fracture friendships, create barriers between patients and their own families, put HUGE financial strain on people. So personally I DO feel it's the doctors job to sit with a patient and ask 'so how are you feeling about what just happened? Are you coping?'. I haven't had any kind of conversation like that so far. Maybe others have?

I think it's VERY busy there, so u absolutely are a number. Things get missed. We almost weren't told that my DP had sperm issues prior to starting our first stim cycle. We were about to walk out when I said 'sooooo we're assuming the SA was good then???' And then it was looked up and my poor DP was told 'oh! no, so we have a double problem then?'. Was pretty upset about that. So now I stay on top of everything myself.

Thankfully I have an amazing Monash nurse- she's lovely, and she is great at her job.

However if we don't get pregnant after our FET in August, Were going to go see a new FS in Brisbane (Wazza).

Pls don't quote this Bcos I'd like to remove it after you've read it!
    Well Worded hun.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wishing you lots of luck o/s @kuwtk

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Faiths love For This Useful Post:

kuwtk  (15-04-2016)