+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 68 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lileitak View Post
    I'm sorry to hear about your previous loss. A close friend had 2 at around 20 weeks before she was diagnosed with an incompetent cervix. She spent her last pregnancy on bed rest for 36 weeks and has a gorgeous 6 month old now. I am in awe of her strength, I think I'd have gone to a much darker place.
    Thanks Your poor friend. It's just horrible. I spent most of my pregnancy with DS on bedrest and in fear it would happen again. I'm in a group with women with the same condition and the stories are heartbreaking. You think it's hard just falling pregnant going through ivf then to have another complication is a real kick in the guts.
    I'm sure monash will be able to help with transferring embryos. I know they helped organise moving DH swimmers from MIVF.

Annie85- that's usually the normal amount of times they will call. But you can call them every day for an update if you like. Better than my old clinic who wouldn't tell you anything until you got to transfer.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Riss78 For This Useful Post:

ilex  (11-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Sue77 I'm soooo proud of you! you have been to hell and back and you are moving forward in such a great way. I've said it before and i'll say it again, your baby isn't your baby because you have the same blood or it grew in your tummy, your baby is there because you're the one caring for it every day and loving it more then anyone ever could/would. Sometimes it's easier not to feel and just do and most of us here do that every day. I'm going in for a L&H today. Lynn said if she finds anything with my tubes she's put some clips on them or something?? haven't heard of that before but I'll be sure to fill her in on my case again just before the procedure as some of us here know she can forget time to time.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Faiths love For This Useful Post:

Cevapa  (13-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Sue77 what a decision to make, but so courageous!! Please keep us updated on your journey still xx
    I will PM you X

I've had a double transfer it was my first FET with LB but they were 2 left C grade blasts from previous clinic, I haven't done any doubles since nor the opportunity to ask actually.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Lynn Burmeister Monash IVF-feedback wanted please #6

Random question ladies - anyone know Lynn's position on transferring 2 embies?

I suspect she is against it unless there is a reason.
    My last transfer was a double, resulted in one healthy baby.

Lynn's office make you sign a consent form stating you've agreed to the double transfer and explain risks etc (as those 2 embryos can split and you could have 4)
    She also explains how twin pregnancies are high risk and perhaps this is why she won't promote a double transfer unless you bring it up

I think lynn bases the decisions on your previous history. All my previous transfers were single (5 at previous clinic), 1 with lynn before I decided this is taking forever one by one and my odds would be better with a double

@Sue77 so glad to see an update from you. Would've been such a hard decision to make. Wishing you all the best, will be sending positive vibes your way.
    Keep us posted
    Last edited by Cevapa; 13-02-2016 at 05:54.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cevapa For This Useful Post:

ilex  (17-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Cevapa, so you brought it up with her? And congrats btw! I missed the arrival of your bubba!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

Cevapa  (17-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Cevapa, so you brought it up with her? And congrats btw! I missed the arrival of your bubba!
    Yep I just said I want to transfer 2 next time round she was fine with it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Cevapa I think I missed the arrival of bubba also. Congratulations

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

Cevapa  (17-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Lynn Burmeister Monash IVF-feedback wanted please #6

Hi all, for any who has had a endometriosis excised via a lap with Lynn, could you please tell me if Lynn also treated you with Letrozole (Femara) or Lupron afterwards?

And if not, any idea why (given link between beta integrin 3, endo & implantation failure..)?
    Last edited by Riaki; 22-02-2016 at 02:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    no sorry @Riaki, Lynn checked me for Endo and I was all clear. I had a little bit a while back but it was removed.
    Are you happy with the meds she's given you for this treatment?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Faiths love For This Useful Post:

Riaki  (22-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you @Faiths love, I'm not seeing LB I'm just desperate to confirm why it's not more commonly prescribed as per this (sounds like a win win):

http://www.preventmiscarriage.com/Di...nhibitors.aspx

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Riaki For This Useful Post:

Faiths love  (23-02-2016)