+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 68 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Sue77 have you considered trying GM? Or NL, maybe LIT or Neupagen are the key...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Riaki .. yes I have seen NL and had a phone appt with Dr M in Sydney. I may try the other medicines but at this stage skeptical abt LIT ... let's see..

Faithslove how are you doing hun ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope everyone is doing well???

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MND For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (25-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi @Sue77 and everyone else, I hope you guys are doing well. Sorry I haven't been on for a while. I've kind of just tried to forget about baby making for the last couple of weeks, but its like trying to forget there is splinter in your finger, doesn't go away! I've got an appointment with Lynn for the first week of Feb to see if we should look at going down another path perhaps...I will be getting her to go through my case very slowly though because I wasn't impressed how rushed she was with me last time...not sure if I should get Nick to look into things as well or Dr Wazza! @Sue77 you did a phone consult right? won't hurt me to do something like that as well and see what he says...I'm so so tired right now and feel like giving up...things just aren't working. To answer your questions @Sue77 no I'm not on any Anti Dep tablets and I'm hoping that I won't need them....Anyone else seeing Lynn soon?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Faiths love For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (25-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    hey @Tanej78, any luck with Dr Wazza? also who is Dr M? sorry I can't keep up lol

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Faiths love For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (25-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Sue77, have you put it out there hun to friends and family about a surrogacy??? more people that know you're looking for one the more people will speak and get the word out for you....

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Faiths love For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (25-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Faiths love. I am newish on here so not familiar with your history, but can relate to how you are feeling and hope you are doing OK, this is tough stuff!!

Lynn has been rushed with me in the past but at my last appt she was quite the opposite and really took time to discuss where I was at. Maybe it was because of my crappy predicament (my very last frozen embryo didn't thaw and we decided not to continue with my own eggs).

I am seeing her next week as I am having a laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy soon, plus I need to update her on my plans to go overseas for donor egg treatment.

But my approach in appointments now is to take my written list of questions and things I want to discuss.. So even if i feel like I am being rushed I make sure all of my questions are answered before I leave that room!! We pay a lot for her time so we need to make the most of it!

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do next.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to kuwtk For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (25-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    hey @kuwtk - sounds like we have very similar histories then, our eggs aren't the best...hubby and I are talking about donor as well but want to make sure my lining issues are fixed too! we've had several failed attempts of failed IVF - we are taking ALOT! But you are right, best to go in there with a list of questions and this time I might tell her I am feeling rushed when I see her - at one stage she had forgotten to give the nurses proper meds for me as we discussed then I had to get the nurses to ask her and she then put it on my scripts...i hate telling people how i feel if I'm unhappy as i don't want to offend or hurt their feelings but i really need to let her know that i want her to really have a good hard look at my case, especially if we are looking at other avenues in the future......have you thought about asking someone you know for an egg or find it easier to get one from o/s hun?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Faiths love For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (25-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Lynn Burmeister Monash IVF-feedback wanted please #6

@Faiths love

Oh gosh that's not good about the meds! Lucky you were paying attention.

I don't like the process of having to deal with the nurse all the time. One nurse became really angry with me. I ovulated really late and was worried I would get my period before they would have a chance to transfer. She said you won't get it. I said how can she be sure of that? She said you just won't. I got quite distressed as I know my body and thought how can see guarantee that I won't!! If she had taken the time to explain why she thought I wouldn't get it rather than say you just won't I would have been OK with it. I then said this could be my last chance to have a baby with my own egg so I want to ensure everything is ideal to maximise my chance. She then said, there is no guarantee you will get pregnant- there never is with IVF.. I thought WTF!!!! How could someone who works in this field be so insensitive. As if I'm not aware of the stats silly woman. I then went straight to a job interview, fuming, and of course didn't get the job!

Before seeing Lynn I was at a different clinic and I was able to email the doctor with any questions at any time and he would respond so quickly.

I only moved to Lynn for a second opinion (as I was 33 at the time and they keep telling me this is 'young' to have egg quality problems- although I do have severe endo).

Everyone says how great Lynn is- I was even getting a blood test at my local pathology this week - so no association to monash at all.. And she saw Lynn's name on my form and she said Lynn is very good.

I agree it's hard to tell people you are unhappy.. Given what you are going through I think it is completely reasonable to want to know that everything has been taken into consideration. But this is their job, am sure they are used to some level of dissatisfaction from patients and the end goal is to get you pregnant so it's Very worthwhile to voice your concerns, even if it's just telling them how you feel.

Lynn suggested we put an ad in the my child magazine looking for a donor in oz. Apparently a lot of people find donors this way. But I don't have the energy to go through the process of explaining everything to a stranger, potentially getting my hopes up and then they change their mind or end up not being suitable to donate. I couldn't deal with it and also don't want to waste more time! I haven't considered asking anyone I know as they are all over 35- I want a younger egg and would prefer an anonymous donor.

The overseas clinic I have chosen guarantees 11 - 16 embryos, 4 of these at least blastocysts. Those numbers are music to my ears in comparison to my own attempts 😊
    Last edited by kuwtk; 23-01-2016 at 06:59.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to kuwtk For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (25-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies - I'm hoping someone may be able to help me.

This isn't a Lynn related question but figure you ladies may know as it is a monash based question

We are doing a FET early next month which I believe are still done at hawthorn and in the forms I was sent was a paper saying to complete an online patient admission form online. Did you ladies do this? It asks for an admission date which clearly I can't give now but also tells me forms should be completed as early as possible?

Was hoping to complete these online today if needed but can't get Onto my nurse to ask as it's the weekend obviously!

TIA for any help given!