+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I love my dyson. I've had it for about 7 years now & its going strong as ever. I would love a handheld dyson too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have a dyson a dc39 allergy

I love love love it.. I'd also love a handheld stick vacuum just for doing the tiles downstairs but I can't really justify it.
    Plus, if I got a handheld, I'd feel like I was cheating on my vacuum that I love so much !!! Lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My stick replaced my vac for a good 6 months I didn't even get the vac out.
    I could get my entire house out of a full charge!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to clb84 For This Useful Post:

Possie7  (12-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Are Dysons actually good?

I just bought a new Dyson recently and I thought about getting the hand held one but the sales guy said that the battery only lasts maybe half an hour? Not sure if that's true or not but I ended buying one that has no filter.

I have another Dyson that was bought in 1990. It still works and never had a problem with it mechanically. The problem I have with it is the cord doesn't retract anymore. But it's now living in the garage for my husband to use after he sands the walls, makes "man" mess.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes. My old one was annoying me as it never went around corners and the clip was broken, so we got a Dyson. I was disgusted at how much stuff came up the first few times I used it. I didn't think my old one was that bad!! So yes, I love my Dyson. I think it picks up more as the floor seems to stay cleaner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    YES! Love my Dysons. I have a big Dyson that I've used and loved for about 3 years, it is the best vacuum I've ever had and picks up sooo much dust.
    Then I finally just bought a Dyson stick last week. I love it! So convenient.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Full House View Post
    I really wanted a Dyson stick....for daily use instead of sweeping in between vacuuming with my Dyson barrel. But the salesperson told me the amount of times you could use the stick and it turned me right off. With kids and pets I could easily use it every day...which would give me two years of use. I've had my barrell (which didn't cost much more) for 12 years. I couldn't justify the cost. I have noticed my dyson is not what it used to be, but still fine for a house full of hard floors. I'll upgrade in the next year or two and will be researching because I believe that there better vacuums on the market now than what there was 12 years ago.
    Target and Big W had the sticks on sale a couple of weeks ago, not sure if they still are. I got one, it's worth it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    What BRV said. They are awesome. I now have 2x Dysons. A full vacuum cleaner and a hand held.
    Me too! Love them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a Dyson for about 7 years then it died on me...was a sad day...I bought cheaper vacuum cleaners and currently have a Nilfisk that I bought off a girlfriend. It works good and does the job, but nothing compares really....I would love another Dyson when I have some spare moola.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We have we have a Dyson (animal) and the suction has definitely weakened in the last 12 months.
    I remember at one time it would lift the rug off the floor but now I'm running the head over the one piece of dirt two or even three times.
    I'm convinced it was after DH washed the filter but he says he can't see any difference in suction. Denial!!!

Has anyone had this problem?
    Can it be fixed?