+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yup Dyson lover here too!!
    The stick isn't too heavy and gets pet fur out of rugs really easily!!
    Love them! Money well spent IMO!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Are Dysons actually good?

Awesome! I'm going to show this to DH who is skeptical. I'll check out the Electrolux while I'm at it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    The handheld (as opposed to the stick) has known problems. We've had ours for a while admittedly but it cuts out all the time and can be very temperamental. Reviews online seem to show the problem is common.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really wanted a Dyson stick....for daily use instead of sweeping in between vacuuming with my Dyson barrel. But the salesperson told me the amount of times you could use the stick and it turned me right off. With kids and pets I could easily use it every day...which would give me two years of use. I've had my barrell (which didn't cost much more) for 12 years. I couldn't justify the cost. I have noticed my dyson is not what it used to be, but still fine for a house full of hard floors. I'll upgrade in the next year or two and will be researching because I believe that there better vacuums on the market now than what there was 12 years ago.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm not a fan of Dysons. I prefer Miele's.
    Last edited by SSecret Squirrel; 12-11-2015 at 19:12.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SSecret Squirrel For This Useful Post:

LaceyGracie  (13-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Full House View Post
    I really wanted a Dyson stick....for daily use instead of sweeping in between vacuuming with my Dyson barrel. But the salesperson told me the amount of times you could use the stick and it turned me right off. With kids and pets I could easily use it every day...which would give me two years of use. I've had my barrell (which didn't cost much more) for 12 years. I couldn't justify the cost. I have noticed my dyson is not what it used to be, but still fine for a house full of hard floors. I'll upgrade in the next year or two and will be researching because I believe that there better vacuums on the market now than what there was 12 years ago.
    What do you mean about the number of times you can use it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got my first Dyson a few months ago and I love it!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Love my Dyson! I will say that you've got to make sure you empty it regularly and bang out.the filter at least once a month to make sure it sucks well. But it's the best vacc I've owned so far. I've gone through 3 vacuum cleaners in 10 years. With the amount of money I've spent I should have got one to start with.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mummymaybe View Post
    What do you mean about the number of times you can use it?
    The salesperson told me that the battery had x amount of charges (around 600 from memory) for its life..and everytime you took it off the charger that counted as one charge...no matter how long you used the battery for. She compared it to a phone battery....after a while your battery charge doesn't last as long as it used to, and eventually you need to change the battery. Only you can't change the battery in the dyson stick. I wanted to replace my broom with it..but I sweep at least twice a day and vacuum twice a week. So it was going to last me two years if I cut my floor cleaning back to once a day. I couldn't justify the cost. If I had carpet I'd invest in a good carpet sweeper and get an electric powered vacuum. As I have hard foors I'll just stick to my $20 broom and electric powered vacuum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Full House View Post
    The salesperson told me that the battery had x amount of charges (around 600 from memory) for its life..and everytime you took it off the charger that counted as one charge...no matter how long you used the battery for. She compared it to a phone battery....after a while your battery charge doesn't last as long as it used to, and eventually you need to change the battery. Only you can't change the battery in the dyson stick. I wanted to replace my broom with it..but I sweep at least twice a day and vacuum twice a week. So it was going to last me two years if I cut my floor cleaning back to once a day. I couldn't justify the cost. If I had carpet I'd invest in a good carpet sweeper and get an electric powered vacuum. As I have hard foors I'll just stick to my $20 broom and electric powered vacuum.
    Never heard that. I've had mine for 3+ years and I'm sure I've used it about that many times. I wonder if anyone else has had this issue??