+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Just curious for those that don't offer anything would you also not offer a drink or tea or coffee to your accountant, mortgage broker or Dr if they came to your home for a scheduled appointment ?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

moosey  (13-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DH is a tradie, he would get offered a drink 80% of the time and food 50% of the time. If no one offers anything, he gets p*ssed!!. He doesn't always take what's offered but think it's polite to offer (he doesn't expect lunch or anything).
    The toilet thing can be off putting but if they don't use your toilet then they will have to find a public toilet and they could be off site for half an hour rather than 5 mins.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I offer water / tea / coffee, especially in our Qld summer. If I'm going out of something I might ask how long they are going to be but I'm usually happy to leave them to lock up the house when they are finished if I'm going out. Don't think I've ever offered food. I brought pizza for the removal guys when we shifted house. It was an epic day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I don't drink tea or coffee so I often forget to ask, but I do always ask if they want a drink. I've never had anyone ask for tea or coffee when I've offered a drink which is a relief as I only have instant coffee and because I don't drink it, I hate making it as I probably do it wrong!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I have a tradie here today painting a window frame. I offered a drink and he declined but now he's just come back from the paint shop with a coffee 😱

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Haha. Maybe he knew you make terrible coffees??

Thanks
    Reviews
    This thread made me think back a few years to this shameful pearler.
    I was getting some electrical work done at my place on a Friday afternoon and it was hot. When the guy finished I offered him a beer as someone had left some beers in my fridge and I don't drink beer so I was happy to give it away. He accepted and we got chatting which led to a brief summer fling 😜 he was 5 years younger than me and it was just the boost I needed after a messy breakup lol.
    These days I only offer coffee, tea or water 😂😂

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (13-11-2015),JR03  (14-11-2015),JustJaq  (13-11-2015),Little Miss Sunshine  (13-11-2015),LoCo  (13-11-2015),munchkin275  (14-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I offer drinks and if they are there at lunch time water. They are free to use the toilet and I'm happy to have them onsite if I'm not home.

On the flip side I work in the field and often spend multiple hours at one place. I always take water but it is lovely when people offer me one. And I'm not shy - I ask for the toilet!

I've been known to whinge about clients for not making me coffee though. 3am job that lasted a couple of hours standing in a cold paddock with a horse and the owner and her friends were all drinking coffee and I didn't even get the offer!

Thanks
    Reviews
    For me it depends on the project. For a quick job I don't offer anything unless they need the toilet. Having said that we had some renovations done last year (we moved out) those boys knew they could use fridge and microwave and we were also happy for them to go for a swim whenever they wanted. They did a brilliant job and I wanted them to be as comfortable an happy as they could be.

Our gardener also knows he is welcome to swim on hot days and he often does. He is great and despite terrible heat will spend ours in our garden. I also leave the odd treat out if I know what day he is coming. For an ongoing service I think it makes a huge difference to offer a little more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not a tradie, but when i was a kid, we used to go out with mum to give the postman a cold drink of water in the Qld summer ☺