+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    my house
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I think most parents try to this however in reality no mum or dad parents solely based on what their kid needs. That's an impossible task.

Every parent (regardless of what side of the fence they sit on) is affected by their own needs, personal views, culture and lifestyle when it comes to raising kids. Our decisions regarding everything from how to put bub to sleep to when to start solids are rarely based 100% on what the child 'needs.'

It's rare that a parent doesn't have their kids best interests at heart regardless of whether they co-sleep, formula feed, breastfeed, start solids at 4 months, start solids at 7 months, follow a routine, don't follow a routine.
    I don't agree. Plenty of parents give solids too early just so their baby will sleep through.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (13-11-2015)

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    100 Posts in a week

Default Did sleep intervals ever increase?

Quote Originally Posted by ScubaGal View Post
    Ok so DS1 is still consistently waking every three hours overnight and breastfeeding.

I'm not interested in starting a debate over sleep methods or whether he needs to feeds etc.

What I would like to know is whether anyone who had a similar pattern - 3 hourly waking found that the intervals increased - to four hourly or five on their own?

If so, when did It happen and did it coincide with anything? Longer day naps? Increased solids? Crawling/walking and expending more energy etc?

My son was waking every two hours (give or take, sometimes he'd sleep longer sometimes shorter) to breastfeed until he self weaned at 13 months. His sleeping gradually got better after that and he started sleeping completely through the night once he mastered walking at about 16 or 17 months. There is hope! Solids made no difference and I feel that sleeping through or for longer was definitely developmental for him.

Eta: although there were days where I felt exhausted and over it I am really happy that I didn't force the issue with him and chose let him do it when he was ready.
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 13-11-2015 at 21:50.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (13-11-2015)