+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week

Default Did sleep intervals ever increase?

Ok so DS1 is still consistently waking every three hours overnight and breastfeeding.

I'm not interested in starting a debate over sleep methods or whether he needs to feeds etc.

What I would like to know is whether anyone who had a similar pattern - 3 hourly waking found that the intervals increased - to four hourly or five on their own?

If so, when did It happen and did it coincide with anything? Longer day naps? Increased solids? Crawling/walking and expending more energy etc?

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My second child was 3hrly from birth till 6/7mths. Then fed 2x a night (bed 6.30pm feed 11pm& 4am then bedshared till 5.30/6am). She was sleeping 1x1hr and 1x3-3.5hrs during the day then.

Some kids automatically drop feeds and others you need to encourage. Dd2 still needed those night feeds as she fed 2hrly mostly during the day.

I delayed solids till 7mths and I found they made nights worse before it improved.

I might be rambling so I will stop.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

ScubaGal  (12-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    One of my kids was a 2 hrly feeder until 11 months, sleeping through the night at 2 years old.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

ScubaGal  (12-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    My second child was 3hrly from birth till 6/7mths. Then fed 2x a night (bed 6.30pm feed 11pm& 4am then bedshared till 5.30/6am). She was sleeping 1x1hr and 1x3-3.5hrs during the day then.

Some kids automatically drop feeds and others you need to encourage. Dd2 still needed those night feeds as she fed 2hrly mostly during the day.

I delayed solids till 7mths and I found they made nights worse before it improved.

I might be rambling so I will stop.
    Any idea what led them to drop the feeds on their own? Just spontaneously/age and development related?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Full House View Post
    One of my kids was a 2 hrly feeder until 11 months, sleeping through the night at 2 years old.
    Any theories on what changed at 11 months?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaGal View Post
    Any idea what led them to drop the feeds on their own? Just spontaneously/age and development related?
    For dd2 I was very much more chilled so she dropped them herself when she was ready.

Dd1 was a pain in the buttocks. She was feeding in 40min intervals overnight 6-9mths before I had to forcefully drop the feeds to just twice a night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaGal View Post
    Any theories on what changed at 11 months?
    My baby finally deciding solids were worth eating Weaned from breast at 16 months...but still woke nightly after that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Did sleep intervals ever increase?

My DS fed regularly over night until 14 months when I had to actively night wean him as I was exhausted. He just never stretched those times out even when he started solids/crawling/walking/finished teething etc.

My DD (5.5 months) usually feeds once a night around 1pm but this does change a bit. 2 weeks ago it was every 2hrs but seems to settle back into longer stretches.

ETA: To answer your questions - DD seems to wake more to feed during the wonder weeks then settles back into her *usual* routine.

Best wishes!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to wobbleyhorse For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (12-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbleyhorse View Post
    My DS fed regularly over night until 14 months when I had to actively night wean him as I was exhausted. He just never stretched those times out even when he started solids/crawling/walking/finished teething etc.

My DD (5.5 months) usually feeds once a night around 1pm but this does change a bit. 2 weeks ago it was every 2hrs but seems to settle back into longer stretches.

ETA: To answer your questions - DD seems to wake more to feed during the wonder weeks then settles back into her *usual* routine.

Best wishes!
    Very true. In hindsight both my older two girls woke more often when teething and during wonder weeks.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

wobbleyhorse  (12-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    Very true. In hindsight both my older two girls woke more often when teething and during wonder weeks.
    This could be true for us. We've had a constant run of colds, early teething and wonder weeks...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

wobbleyhorse  (12-11-2015)