+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Novalac colic formula

Anyone used it? experiences? Positive or negative.

My 7 weeks old has been having terrible colic. My gp suggested trying a formula with reduced lactose. This one had great reviews. After almost losing my mind this evening from hours of crying/screaming as happens every evening, i ran out to chemist warehouse and bought a tin. He's had one bottle (which he finished! He hasn't finished a bottle all day on his previous formula NAN Comfort. And no spewing either, whereas he's been spewing heaps on the nan over the last week) then went to sleep. Time will tell if it will actually help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ive read your other thread. Are you sure its just colic? & not reflux also?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought reflux too but dr reckons colic. He doesn't spew heaps, not in comparison to our first ds who did have reflux. We put him on novalac reflux and it worked a treat. But he does spew more than other babies i know of. He has massive issues with wind and bloating. We put him on nan comfort as it worked for ds1 after he had been on the reflux formula and no longer needed it. It doesn't seem to be as good for ds2.
    So he just had his second botte of novalac colic formula after going 5 hours between feeds! hopefully he lasts til morning! On the nan comfort he was feeding every 2.5-3 hours. It didn't seem to fill him for very long.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Plus people who reviewed this colic formula said it helped with their babies reflux also so maybe it will help there anyway!