+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Please send me some motivation!

Argh! I need motivation, I am trying so hard to lose weight I have been going to the gym for 5 weeks now (every day) and working my butt off! I've cut out all junk, smaller portion sizes and Ive been having a NutriBullet for dinner and main meal at lunch, and I have lost 3.7kgs, but that was in the first 3.5weeks, the past week and a half I haven't lost any and I am so depressed about it.

My body shape hasn't even changed that much! I feel a bit stronger but my clothes don't fit any differently either.

I wish I could see SOMETHING 😒

What am I doing wrong?

I went from doing zero exercise and eating the biggest load of garbage so eating healthy and going to the gym every day, and this is all I get? 3.7 measly kgs? 😀😀😀😠😠😠😑

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    What are your portion sizes? That's where I stuff up big time.

It sucks. I'm with you 100%

Eta saw you were doing that. See a nutritionist. Maybe you are eating the wrong food/wrong time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi SAgirl

I read your post and just wanted to let you know you're doing GREAT!

Healthy weight loss guidelines recommend that you should aim to lose between 0.5 to 1kg per week. So if you've been on your healthy eating plan for 5 weeks and have lost 3.7kgs, you've lost an average of 0.74kg per week - which is absolutely perfect!

Sometimes I think people see TV shows with contestants losing massive amounts of weight - 3 or 4 kgs a week, but in reality that is just not possible. Likewise it is normal to lose weight one week but not the next - your body just needs time to adjust.

At the end of the day, when we gain weight we do it bite by bite, little bit by little bit. And sadly we have to lose it the same way, especially if we want to sustain our losses long term. There really is no fast fix. Trust me, I've looked for it!

I know it sux big time. I have battled weight all my life and will probably continue to do so until I take my last breath.

Just keep on the path you're on and you'll get there! Just think, if you sustain your average weight loss you could be just over 5 kgs lighter than you are now by the start of the New Year!

Blossom

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

LittleBug'sMum  (11-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Maybe you need to change up your workouts. Either increase the intensity or try different classes/machines etc.

Be careful with those nutri bullet things, you might be better off with a piece of lean meat and veg or other low kilojoule meal for dinner.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (11-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    I'm going to go against the grain here. I've always found that exercising more does not equal weight loss, in fact it makes me hungrier (albeit fitter).

I'd say ease up on the gym and focus more on reducing calories - can you make your snacks any healthier? Switch from milky coffee to black? If you have a few coffees a day with milk that adds up to a small meal so it's an easy swap. Good luck

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

LittleBug'sMum  (11-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Make sure you are eating enough. A common mistake is to restrict calories way too much when sometimes you need to increase them. Here are some free resources I have collated-

LBW basics.

Step one- weigh yourself. Take measurements. Take pictures. Now put these away and don't touch them for a week.

Step two- figure out your calorie allowance: http://www.losebabyweight.com.au/wei...dy-mass-index/

Step Three- meal plan within those allowances.
    Breakfast ideas-http://www.losebabyweight.com.au/recipes/breakfast-ideas/
    I love overnight oats!

Snack ideas- http://www.losebabyweight.com.au/rec...eep-you-going/

Lunch ideas- http://www.losebabyweight.com.au/recipes/lunch-ideas/

Dinner ideas- http://www.losebabyweight.com.au/rec...friendly-food/

http://www.losebabyweight.com.au/recipes/

Dessert ideas- http://www.losebabyweight.com.au/rec...loss-desserts/

step four- drink a truck load of water! If you don't like water, try adding fruit to it or drink green tea.

Step five get Moving! http://www.losebabyweight.com.au/cat...sonal-trainer/

Thanks
    Reviews
    3.7kgs in the first 5 weeks is actually a great start at a good rate of loss. Slow weight loss is healthy weight loss as you will find it easier to maintain the weight loss once you achieve your loss goals. This is positive.

As you start exercising your muscles will strengthen as your body adjusts to the exercise. Muscle weights 3 times more than fat so 1 inch gained muscle weighs the equivalent of 3 inches of lost fat. The scale has very little meaning in weight loss. Once your muscles have settled into the routine and become used to the increase in regular exercise the body will start burning more excess stored energy (fat). As long as the energy burn from exercise is greater than the energy intake from food then you will lose weight over time.

The first fat you lose will be around your internal organs and then it will start taking fat from the extremities. Your heart will be much happier having to beat without extra fat lining it. Your liver and kidneys will also function better. You will start feeling improvement on the inside before you notice physical change on the outside.

The key to weight loss is time. 5 weeks is only the build up stage. The hardest part is maintaining and keeping at it. Keep it up and the effort level will drop as your body gets used to it and then over time it will desire the exercise intake as it becomes habit.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xanthic For This Useful Post:

Cue  (11-11-2015),gingermillie  (11-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Look at the 'my fitness pal' app
    This app helped me lose 15kgs over 6 months

It will tell you how to break up your macros: so how much fat/protein/carb for each meal

You can enter your food and even scan the barcode of the food you're eating into the app and it will break it all down for you.
    Sometimes you don't know where those nasty little calories are hiding

You can set how much weight over how long you'd like to lose so it will tell you your daily calorie intake

Remember that it's 80% diet and 20% exercise
    You're doing a great job - exercise is also so good for your head space not just weight loss.

Stay focused and remember any loss is a loss - you're still making the scale go backwards irrespective of how small it is!!

Best of luck to you xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies xx

I've just finished my workout which was not as intense as I would have liked it to be.

I use pandora app for music, I find I need loud fast music to zone out and keep up my speed on treadmill / rower etc, but I can't find a station I like

Any suggestions?

I'm really sick of rap, rnb etc. sometimes it's ok and sometimes I find it too slow, argh. Wish I could find a station that played all my favs. Haha, except I don't even know what they are!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Try di.fm. I usually listen to the hardcore station to workout to.