Closed Thread
Page 76 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    @midnite01 yeah, its to either bring on an ovulation or to create one with a trigger rather than just relying on estrogen and progesterone meds. The first two 'cryo cycles' (FETs) with just the meds didn't work so I am trying the stim method.
    So I will inject 50 units of puregon every day until one or two follicles ripen and then they will let me ovulate naturally or trigger it with ovadrel. Then 5 days later pop in an embryo.

Very similar to what I did @Bongley, except I used Clomid instead.

So excited for you! Good luck love

Blossom

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (22-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    Well...fruck me swinging Luv, that's a turn up for the books now isn't it???

I think I'd still go to the appointment with Dr NL to see exactly what he would do differently. You can tell him while you're there that you aren't looking at Cycling until the new year but are just wanting to get your ducks in a row beforehand.

If you have a good GP that will give you scripts for the meds, then you can get what you need from him/her script-wise and follow whatever protocol he works out for you. "Crappy Clinic" doesn't have to know squat!!

I'd also try for a consult with Dr M...can you see him in person?? A ph consult would do (ask to go on the cancellation list). It's my understanding he would send you the scripts for whatever protocol he works out for you in the mail, same as pathology request forms for any BT's he wants done. You could then do the same as above and follow his protocol with "Crappy Clinic" none the wiser!!!

After I had a drug protocol worked out for me from either of those 2, I'd then apply it while doing a FET "on the house" with "Crappy Clinic"!!!! Yep, that's exactly what I'd do!!
    Thanks so much bib for taking the time to write this. It's what I was hoping I could do but wasn't really sure if fs would give out a protocol if they weren't using it with you. I think if he suggests something different the fs at the crappy clinic who took me under his wing last cycle would be willing to write out the scripts. I'll call dr ms office first thing in the morning to try to get an appointment over the phone. Can't go there in person as I'm in Melbourne.

Do you think I should tell dr NL I have the two embryos at crappy clinic. If I don't he will suggest a stim protocol rather than a fet one.

Thanks again for your advice. It's priceless in this minefield.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Caesardust For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (22-11-2015),Blossom74  (22-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I reckon its fine to get the protocol from nl in your appt. As far as he is concerned you will go back to them early in the new year to cycle they wont know any better.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnite01 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (22-11-2015),Blossom74  (22-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    And where's my lining from my pregnancy cycle?! Even though I have my period I'm so dry by the end of today, cd1, I can't insert a tampon it's so painful. I've had to use a pad. It only adds to how p~seed off I am.

Interesting you mention this @Tahli. I've not had a 'proper' period for years. I get brown 'staining' for CD1, a light pinkish discharge on CD2 & 3, followed by more brown staining on CD4 and it's over.

I've been like that for years now, but my FS never seemed concerned and it never stopped Blossom from finding a soft spot to land and snuggle in. Just quite where my lining goes I have no idea, because it does thicken up nicely every month?

Weird!

Blossom

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (22-11-2015),Tahli  (22-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tahli, I'm sorry you are feeling so down, too. Hugs for you love

@Countrygirl72, welcome!

Blossom

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (22-11-2015),Tahli  (22-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    I am a bit confused though. If we were to fall pregnant naturally, is it not the case that the egg travels down the fallopian tube, into the uterus, and then floats around until it finds a nice spot? I mean, I didn't think they popped out of the tube and anchored as soon as they hit uterus?

My FS used the peanut butter analogy to satisfy my worry that the emby might be able to 'fall out' if I walked too vigorously (!) but I always thought that once the emby was in it could settle anywhere - hence the risk of ectopic pregnancy (floats back up the tube?) and the reason why some bubbies attach on the left as opposed to the right or in the centre.

Or have I got it all wrong?

Anyone in the know on this? It's all very interesting....

Blossom
    Your uterus is the only bit with the super thick and sticky lining, the tubes must be quite smooth I gather. Maybe the embie needs to get to a few days old before it throws out its anchor - at which point it should be in the uterus? It always used to freak me out when I'd stand up after a transfer and that little bit of fluid would leak out !

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (22-11-2015),Blossom74  (22-11-2015),Green lady  (22-11-2015),Tahli  (22-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Bongley, I'll have a look at EDA too. Sounds like we're a similar age. Good luck, I hope everything goes well for you!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Countrygirl72 For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (22-11-2015),Bongley  (22-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesardust View Post
    Thanks so much bib for taking the time to write this. It's what I was hoping I could do but wasn't really sure if fs would give out a protocol if they weren't using it with you. I think if he suggests something different the fs at the crappy clinic who took me under his wing last cycle would be willing to write out the scripts. I'll call dr ms office first thing in the morning to try to get an appointment over the phone. Can't go there in person as I'm in Melbourne.

Do you think I should tell dr NL I have the two embryos at crappy clinic. If I don't he will suggest a stim protocol rather than a fet one.

Thanks again for your advice. It's priceless in this minefield.
    Yep...Tell him you've got the frosties & ask him what protocol he suggests for a FET as well as for a Stim Cycle.

I'd tell him you're going to use the frosties first so you can walk away from "Crappy Clinic" with a clean slate with the intention of Cycling with him in the new year but would like to give them the best possible chance so what does he suggest??

ETA- Some of the other Lovelies might have a better idea or suggestion???
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 22-11-2015 at 08:23.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (22-11-2015),Caesardust  (22-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    Thanks BIB well and truly ready to graduate or drop out of IVF Island in 4 weeks time.
    In the words of H. J. Simpson, "See ya stink town!"
    Go @Bongley go!! Get that graduation hat and robe ready 😃

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Countrygirl72 For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (22-11-2015),Bongley  (22-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    I am a bit confused though. If we were to fall pregnant naturally, is it not the case that the egg travels down the fallopian tube, into the uterus, and then floats around until it finds a nice spot? I mean, I didn't think they popped out of the tube and anchored as soon as they hit uterus?

My FS used the peanut butter analogy to satisfy my worry that the emby might be able to 'fall out' if I walked too vigorously (!) but I always thought that once the emby was in it could settle anywhere - hence the risk of ectopic pregnancy (floats back up the tube?) and the reason why some bubbies attach on the left as opposed to the right or in the centre.

Or have I got it all wrong?

Anyone in the know on this? It's all very interesting....

Blossom
    In natural conceptions...the egg is fertilised in the fallopian tube & spends the first 3 days being fertilised then travelling down the tube toward the uterus all the while undergoing all the cellular changes we know from doing IVF & what happens to our embryo's in the lab.

When it finally hits the uterus it'll be as a Blastocyst that will shortly undergo the hatching process so all it needs to do is find a place to implant hence another reason a lot of FS like to do a Day 5 transfer if possible.

This link explains it really well😊

http://www.ehd.org/dev_article_unit1.php

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (22-11-2015),Green lady  (22-11-2015)