Closed Thread
Page 71 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Green lady View Post
    Thanks@BlondeinBrisvegas - another thing to worry about! I guess they can do an embryo transfer under guided ultrasound so that they place it low and hope it doesn't float up. I'm not sure what my clinic does as I haven't got to do a transfer yet.
    A few Drs have said to me it's like putting a strawberry seed into a sticky jam sandwich. I don't think it will float anywhere. Probably happens more often if the dr gets the distance wrong I'd guess.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (22-11-2015),Green lady  (21-11-2015),GreyDove  (21-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by midnite01 View Post
    Only my manager and 1-2 people at work knew we were doing ivf. I now get the qn so when are you having your next? I say it took us a long time to have her so who knows.
    I'd be saying that we're not having any more as it took too long the first time & now there's no $ left unless they want to donate to the cause!!!������

Might stop people asking Luv. My successful Cycle was unguided too������
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 21-11-2015 at 11:57.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (22-11-2015),Green lady  (21-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Caesardust Thanks heaps for your offer of Synarel. It's incredibly generous. Thankfully @emski72 was a superstar and sorted me out with some this morning.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (21-11-2015),Blossom74  (22-11-2015),Caesardust  (21-11-2015),midnite01  (21-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JulieMalooley View Post
    Well personally I'll be telling people at work this pregnancy was a shock to both of us. I'm not telling anyone at work we were doing IVF and especially not donor eggs. And it's true, it WAS a shock - because it's twins. Also I'll be mentioning that once my antibodies were treated I was able to fall pregnant, which is why it happened now. No actual, outright lies. But then again, it's none of their business. When I finally announce its twins, I'll just be telling everyone we shouldn't have done the deed twice in one night lol.
    @JulieMalooley - That sounds like a good plan.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Green lady For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (21-11-2015),Blossom74  (22-11-2015),JulieMalooley  (21-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    All my transfers bar 1 were unguided Luv. I did a guided on Cycle 2 or 3 only because I asked for it as I was thinking that might have been the problem. Sh*tty embryo's were the problem.

Anyhoo...going in unguided doesn't mean the FS is transferring "blind". They measure how far the catheter needs to go to get it to the right spot.

I can understand why women feel more confident having a guided transfer though. Pls try not to worry about an ectopic. The risk isn't that much higher than a natural conception Luv.
    Thanks. I won't get hung up on the guided unguided thing@BlondeinBrisvegas - getting ahead of myself anyway might never get to transfer!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Green lady For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (21-11-2015),Blossom74  (22-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by midnite01 View Post
    Only my manager and 1-2 people at work knew we were doing ivf. I now get the qn so when are you having your next? I say it took us a long time to have her so who knows.
    Its a difficult one. I haven't told anyone I'm doing IVF except my sister. If I am lucky enough to be successful I haven't worked out yet what I will tell people. Like if someone said congrats lucky you're so fertile at 42 I'd probably feel guilty not saying I'd had IVF. I really don't know how I'd handle it. Hopefully I get to have this problem. Who knows maybe people at work are already suspicious because of all the appointments I've been to in the middle of the day and days off for egg pick up.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Green lady For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (21-11-2015),Blossom74  (22-11-2015),winsor  (21-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JulieMalooley View Post
    A few Drs have said to me it's like putting a strawberry seed into a sticky jam sandwich. I don't think it will float anywhere. Probably happens more often if the dr gets the distance wrong I'd guess.
    @JulieMalooley - i like that idea. I pictured the embryo free floating around in the uterus looking for a place to attach!

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Green lady For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (21-11-2015),Blossom74  (22-11-2015),Corbes  (21-11-2015),JulieMalooley  (21-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Green lady View Post
    Its a difficult one. I haven't told anyone I'm doing IVF except my sister. If I am lucky enough to be successful I haven't worked out yet what I will tell people. Like if someone said congrats lucky you're so fertile at 42 I'd probably feel guilty not saying I'd had IVF. I really don't know how I'd handle it. Hopefully I get to have this problem. Who knows maybe people at work are already suspicious because of all the appointments I've been to in the middle of the day and days off for egg pick up.
    I tell people procedures - and when I told them I had to have surgery/procedure and would be uncontactable - everyone was suddenly very responsible! I manage a child care centre. I put lots of contact numbers in place for them while I was going to be knocked out.

One person figured it out - I'd (stupidly) previously casually mentioned IVF experience to her ... she asked invasive questions and I just fobbed her off and said "there's nothing to discuss" because really it ended up being true ... She did IVF but she's not particularly sensitive ... she was in her late 20s or early 30s when she did hers ... She's no idea really and has a short memory. Aaaaaanyway.

Make out like you have girly parts problems and people will leave you alone. Uteruses make people very uncomfortable.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GreyDove For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (21-11-2015),Blossom74  (22-11-2015),JulieMalooley  (21-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol or just say you have a problem 'downstairs' that you'd rather not discuss. Could be haemorrhoids or women's business either way they'd run away screaming. If anyone ever says lucky you're so fertile you can just say, no I'm not, we had been trying for a reallllllly long time.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (21-11-2015),Blossom74  (22-11-2015),GreyDove  (21-11-2015)