Closed Thread
Page 44 of 90 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF over 40 #21

@Bongley good to hear you got the results back but not so great about the findings. Sorry to hear that. I'm not sure what my levels are either they didn't say but just they were high. I have been on 5mg prednisolone from day 1 of stims then up to 10 a few days later then 20 from transfer that's for the nkc Plus clexane 20 mg for the mthfr. Not sure if that helps.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Caesardust For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (17-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    What an exciting day @JulieMalooley. Excited for you both to be there pouring over that screen with such joy on your faces.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Caesardust For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (17-11-2015),JulieMalooley  (17-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Charlie74 sorry to hear about the transfer not being an option. My fn waned me to do a freeze all cycle as she said new research shows fresh cycles are not very successful because your body is in trauma after the stims. So I think it's a blessing in disguise. Better not to try than try and fail. Hope the next two days fly by for you x

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Caesardust For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (17-11-2015),Charlie74  (17-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @winsor sorry to hear about af rearing her ugly head. I'm also scared Sh!$less about early menopause. I better stay away from that link!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Caesardust For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (17-11-2015),winsor  (17-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    I can't decide what to do next girls. My heads abit of a mess.
    Even though I would LOVE a baby of my own (and my son's) genetic make-up, I don't think I've got the stamina for another b~llsh~t round of own egg ivf where I'm exstatic if I can produce 2 follicles around 18mm and get to egg collection, then hope I get one embryo to transfer on day 3...all for the princely sum of $5k oop. I'm guessing this will be more expensive come Jan when the safety net starts again.
    Or for around $3.5k oop I can fly to CT and have 2 x top grade blasts transferred.
    When AF shows up will help determine the decision too I guess.

Oh, it's such a big decision @Tahli, and only you can make it I'm afraid. I know that if I had the money and the opportunity I'd be doing DE in a heartbeat, but if deep down inside you really want to give your OE another chance then I say go for it. At the end of the day I think you just have to follow your heart when making decisions like this.

Blossom
    Last edited by Blossom74; 17-11-2015 at 17:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie74 View Post
    So EPU at 0900 Thursday for me ladies..

And even if embies aren't travelling well, no option of a transfer as both my progesterone and oestrogen are now too high, so at risk of OHSS..

Bugger.. Not that we want to transfer.. We want to get to day 5, test and freeze.. But now we have a new worry.. Transfer not even an option if things don't go well..

Hmmm.. Am trying to put it to the back of my mind.. I can't fruckin start stressing about something else! Will be positive! And hopeful that any embies at least get to day 5 again like last cycle.. ������

Good luck for Thursday love, I'll be thinking of you

Blossom

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (17-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    @Tahli I'd go the CT route. I have been tempted by the thought of doing another own egg round too but then I have failed with this 7 times so I have no idea why I would think it would work now! But yeah, no rush to decide? Julie does make a good point on the stats there.......
    @Charlie74 ooh, good luck for trigger and EPU on thurday! I personally think that if the embryos aren't good enough to freeze then they wouldn't have worked out anyway.....

AFM so results are back and came back positive for NK cells so I will be on the hard drugs this time around. He's lined me up for intralipids too seeing as it's my last shot. Not looking forward to the bill on this one...... Between that and the stimulated cycle it's sure going to be different to the first two transfers, which is what I wanted. Moon face and murderous mood swings here I come.....

That sucks love, but I am pleased you've got an answer. At least that way your FS can do something to help you towards a more successful result.

Blossom

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (17-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesardust View Post
    @Charlie74 sorry to hear about the transfer not being an option. My fn waned me to do a freeze all cycle as she said new research shows fresh cycles are not very successful because your body is in trauma after the stims. So I think it's a blessing in disguise. Better not to try than try and fail. Hope the next two days fly by for you x

Based on my limited experience, I tend to agree with you @Caesardust. I got a BFN on my fresh transfer and a BFP on my frozen one.

Blossom

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (17-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @JulieMalooley. I turn 41 next month and LB said the chance of success with my own day 3 embryo is 10-15% (vs 50% with a CT FET). If I'm going to do an OE cycle then I need to decide in a few days time, as when I start bleeding will be CD1 of my OE cycle. I need to get AF pre 1st Dec to be able to cycle this year and take advantage of the safety net discounts.
    LBs nurse wanted me to re-check my hcg levels on Thur or Fri morning in case my AF arrives on the weekend then collect the meds.
    Btw, I feel awful, so sick in the tummy and my legs feel like lead.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-11-2015),Blossom74  (17-11-2015),JulieMalooley  (17-11-2015),Summer  (17-11-2015),winsor  (17-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #21

Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    Thanks @JulieMalooley. I turn 41 next month and LB said the chance of success with my own day 3 embryo is 10-15% (vs 50% with a CT FET). If I'm going to do an OE cycle then I need to decide in a few days time, as when I start bleeding will be CD1 of my OE cycle. I need to get AF pre 1st Dec to be able to cycle this year and take advantage of the safety net discounts.
    LBs nurse wanted me to re-check my hcg levels on Thur or Fri morning in case my AF arrives on the weekend then collect the meds.
    Btw, I feel awful, so sick in the tummy and my legs feel like lead.
    @Tahli is it the drugs you think? Or anxiety perhaps... It will be good to just get your next show on the road just so you can stop thinking about what to do.
    Arm, scan showed, once again, two perfect bubs, both measuring 10w2d, HB of 165 and 174. I am so sh1tted off at dr W stressing me with his crapholey rush job of a scan that stressed me for no reason. The u/s tech also said the fluid was still only small and in a position where you wouldn't normally worry about it. I'm really happy and really shirty at the same time |
    Last edited by JulieMalooley; 17-11-2015 at 17:57.

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-11-2015),Blossom74  (17-11-2015),Bongley  (17-11-2015),Corbes  (17-11-2015),Summer  (17-11-2015),winsor  (17-11-2015)