Closed Thread
Page 42 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by winsor View Post
    good luck everyone today. I'm in assignment panic (for the rest of this week) but will be checking in on my 'breaks'. I have my for all of you

oh, and afm af just showed up - 6 days late. so this natural cycle was a bust. I read sometimes the cycle can be delayed after a CP cycle, so I hope it was just this not perimenopause kicking in.

I'm sorry this cycle didn't work for you hon.

Out of general interest, what are you studying?

Nothing like a boat-load of assignments to keep your mind off things I suppose.

Blossom

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

winsor  (17-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Perimenopause?

Shut the front door!

No way are we old enough for menopause, surely

Blossom

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-11-2015),Charlie74  (17-11-2015),winsor  (17-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    yeah I hope it's a long way off yet! perimenopause is the lead up to the big M. the link BiB posted earlier freaked me out a bit as I have a few of those 'symptoms' this cycle (another weird one), so I could be heading down that track soon. hopefully it's the long lead up not short.

I'm studying b. of arts - visual culture + fine arts (online) - am only on second subject so still early days. might end up choosing one of these to major in, will see how things go. yes, the assignments take your mind off things, and it's fun to research artists and make things. this is my Plan B if we have no luck with ivf. exploring art (& other things) can keep me busy for the next 20 years until retirement. my problem is I spend most of the time reading/thinking and leave the writing up & making to last minute so get in a panic at the end. need to work on this
    Last edited by winsor; 17-11-2015 at 11:56.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-11-2015),Blossom74  (17-11-2015),Summer  (17-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes @Blossom74 DP is getting home in time to drive me to the scan. He's keen to see the munchkins waving at him

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-11-2015),Blossom74  (17-11-2015),Summer  (17-11-2015),winsor  (17-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    yeah I hope it's a long way off yet! perimenopause is the lead up to the big M. the link BiB posted earlier freaked me out a bit as I have a few of those 'symptoms' this cycle (another weird one), so I could be heading down that track soon. hopefully it's the long lead up not short.

I'm studying b. of arts - visual culture + fine arts (online) - am only on second subject so still early days. might end up choosing one of these to major in, will see how things go. yes, the assignments take your mind off things, and it's fun to research artists and make things. this is my Plan B if we have no luck with ivf. exploring art (& other things) can keep me busy for the next 20 years until retirement. my problem is I spend most of the time reading/thinking and leave the writing up & making to last minute so get in a panic at the end. need to work on this
    @winsor I've got a BA in fine art (sculpture & painting) I don't think I appreciated the study of art history (I just wanted to get stuck into the practical work). I'd love to do it again... properly!

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-11-2015),Blossom74  (17-11-2015),Summer  (17-11-2015),winsor  (17-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

I'd read up on that link but if I did it might give me yet another thing to worry about, so....maybe ignorance is bliss!

Ah, study. I remember it well. My commerce degree took years to complete and I used to get so stressed.

I was the opposite to you actually. I used to hate the research, but loved writing it all out afterwards. Probably helps that I can type at the speed of light. One of the few skills I have

Blossom

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-11-2015),Summer  (17-11-2015),winsor  (17-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JulieMalooley View Post
    Yes @Blossom74 DP is getting home in time to drive me to the scan. He's keen to see the munchkins waving at him

That's so sweet

Blossom

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (17-11-2015),Summer  (17-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Bongley, I'm doing it via Curtin so it's all online, which helps as it's hard to get to in-person classes due to work hours/locations. you could always do a subject here or there to refresh? my previous studies were in Electrical Engineering, Science and IT (though I never finished the last 2 - did first year & first 2.5 years), so studying art now is a nice balance, and though it's many years later, I'm enjoying the study again (more than I did straight from school anyway). I've signed up for different ad hoc subjects over the years, but this time am aiming to finish the degree. still a long way to go. it's just for fun, as a break from work and to make me try think in other ways.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-11-2015),Blossom74  (17-11-2015),Bongley  (17-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck this arvo @JulieMalooley. Enjoy seeing those two gorgeous little poppets! Will DP be wearing a freshly ironed collared shirt to see his bubs?!

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-11-2015),Blossom74  (17-11-2015),Charlie74  (17-11-2015),Summer  (17-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't decide what to do next girls. My heads abit of a mess.
    Even though I would LOVE a baby of my own (and my son's) genetic make-up, I don't think I've got the stamina for another b~llsh~t round of own egg ivf where I'm exstatic if I can produce 2 follicles around 18mm and get to egg collection, then hope I get one embryo to transfer on day 3...all for the princely sum of $5k oop. I'm guessing this will be more expensive come Jan when the safety net starts again.
    Or for around $3.5k oop I can fly to CT and have 2 x top grade blasts transferred.
    When AF shows up will help determine the decision too I guess.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-11-2015),Blossom74  (17-11-2015)