Closed Thread
Page 41 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @midnite01 oh no more waiting Hope those levels rise nicely by wednesday. How are you feeling about what the nurse said? : \
    @Summer best of luck over the next few days, hope you get to see a pair of lovely lines soon I know DE in SA is expensive but everything is! Compared to most options it's pretty reasonable and you get a holiday out of it .....can you tempt him with that? I know that sold my partner on the idea (not that we ended up going down that route) Sometimes it takes a while for the whole donor egg thing to sink in before they agree to it.
    @Charlie74 best of luck with your EPU on thursday and your BT tomorrow, hope your lining builds up.
    @Blossom74 glad your bloods have finally gone back to (near) normal what an awful drawn out process for you. Hope you can move onwards to your next cycle with hope. You have handle it with so much dignity and strength.
    @Caesardust give it just a couple more days but I understand your disappointment. Have you been on any kind of immune treatment or is it just the intralipds you haven't tried? Sounds like a good plan to change clinics if you don't get a BFP in the next few days

Speaking of which I should get my biopsy results today hopefully

thinking of you today @Tahli
    Last edited by Bongley; 17-11-2015 at 08:37.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-11-2015),Blossom74  (17-11-2015),Summer  (17-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @JulieMaloolie so do they prescribe valium to help you stay in bed? Glad the bleeding has stopped and best of luck for your scan. Do you do any reading or is the valium zonking you out too much?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (17-11-2015),GreyDove  (18-11-2015),Summer  (17-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy Tuesday ladies. Baby dust to everyone cycling, baby dancing, jabbing, testing, poking, prodding, follicle scanning, POAS and making plans A, B and C. It's tough, all of it, but it's nice to know we're in it together and no matter what you're going through someone else has gone through it before you and understands.

AFM I'm 12dpo and 2 days post last pregnyl booster so resisting POAS again till tomorrow.
    @Summer I understand what you're going through. I too have paid for all IVF for past 18mths, 3 IUI and 6/7 IVF/ICCSI all stim cycles. It's bloody tough and I thank God for a job redundancy payout that enabled some of it to happen, the rest was just going without and putting away those dollars. Spent all my money, now saving alone for DE Cycle in SA or Spain. My DP just doesn't have the capacity to save due to child support for DSS and doing his Masters. So it's up to me. It can feel lonely. My DP has one son, and so do I. I have wanted another for 11 years now.
    My DP is nervous about me spending more of my money (may draw on super or redraw against investment property equity) but I used a line I heard on here with him and it worked - "it's like a holiday with 3 medical appointments".
    Thanks to whoever smart lady said that!!!! Now he doesn't want us to try another OE cycle while we wait (I do but I'm an IVF addict, despite the odds).

Sorry for the long post. Summer - this is just my opinion and I know it doesn't count as everyone here has different circumstances and different roads to travel - but I remember spending $16k for a trip to Europe in my 20s and $20k on a second hand VW now massively devalued by the fuel emission scandal. What price is creating a potential life? What price is a relationship that you get to nurture from 5 days embryo to your dying day? It puts it all into perspective. Xox I hope you and DP can come to some resolution. I'm thinking of you xxx

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MamaKes For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-11-2015),Blossom74  (17-11-2015),Charlie74  (17-11-2015),GreyDove  (18-11-2015),JulieMalooley  (17-11-2015),Summer  (17-11-2015),winsor  (17-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    'Morning everyone
    @JulieM, sending super positive vibes for your scan today I am sure you will feel a whole lot better about things when you see those two amazing heartbeats yet again. Are you driving yourself to the hospital? If so, I'd hold off on the valium today. We don't need you having an accident on top of everything else you're having to endure.

@Caesardust, I agree with everyone else that 11dpo is still super early. I got my BFP at 11dpo but my gosh it was barely detectable. Seriously, my DH couldn't see it at all, and I had to hold it in the light with my head at a certain angle to see it myself! I reckon give it a couple more days, and hopefully you will see your lines then

@Tahli, how are you faring love? I presume you are now waiting for AF like I am. Ah, the 'excitement' of when she will come hey? I'm hoping whenever AF does arrive she is kind to us both. And I am hoping that since I had a D&C it won't be too bad....

A massive thank you to everyone for your support yesterday. I don't consider myself anything special in how I have or haven't coped to be honest. And I'm forever conscious of the fact that there are people who have been doing this IVF gig a lot longer than I, who have had equally as devastating results. I am certainly not alone on this journey.

One thing I have come to realise is that it doesn't differ if you lose your baby at 6 weeks gestation, or 8 weeks gestation as I did, or even if you lose them at birth. All pain is the same. And until you've been through it you will never be able to imagine (and nor would I want anyone to) how painful it truly is.

Before my innocence was destroyed by IVF, if I heard of someone who miscarried I used to think "Oh, that's so sad." Now I've experienced it, 'sad' doesn't come anywhere near being adequate to describing it. Yes, I have felt sadness, but I have also experienced physical pain in my soul from my loss. Anger. Guilt. Hate. Jealousy. Fear. Numbness. Desperation. And pure, utter anguish. You wouldn't wish this on your worst enemy.

But you have to keep going, you know? I don't even know what my Plan B is. It might be to do another round of IVF. It might be to accept we can't afford to do that. Either way, you have to find a way to cope, because what is the alternative.....?

Today I am thinking of all of you who have experienced this loss, and wishing that no more of you have to in the future.

Blossom
    Last edited by Blossom74; 17-11-2015 at 09:23.

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-11-2015),Bongley  (17-11-2015),Caesardust  (17-11-2015),Charlie74  (17-11-2015),GreyDove  (18-11-2015),infinity888  (17-11-2015),JulieMalooley  (17-11-2015),Summer  (17-11-2015),Tahli  (17-11-2015),winsor  (17-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    @JulieMaloolie so do they prescribe valium to help you stay in bed? Glad the bleeding has stopped and best of luck for your scan. Do you do any reading or is the valium zonking you out too much?
    The Valium is mainly to relax the uterus I believe to minimise cramps, spasms etc but yes it also helps keep me in bed. No, I can't be fagged even reading. Mum dropped off a heap of mags but I just can't focus for long enough.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-11-2015),Blossom74  (17-11-2015),Summer  (17-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie74 View Post
    Whenever I start freaking out over money were spending on this IVF stuff, my mum is the absolute best person to sort me out. She reminds me that I'm probably gonna be working for the next 20'ish years anyway.. And in the scheme of a whole life, The money I'll earn & The money I'll spend.. Where is the real value??? I spent $16k on a car at 24.. I spent $17k on another car 6ish years later.. Those cars are now long gone & probly on a scrap heap somewhere, I have zero to show for them.. But I enjoyed driving them at the time so I don't regret it a bit.. I've been to Europe 5 times since 2004.. Spent who knows wot?!?! Not loads and loads but at least an average of $5-7k or more each time.. And I don't regret that either..

So I figure for the sake of never living with regrets that I didn't try EVERYTHING I could, I'll keep throwing my money at IVF till I've had enough- bcos all the cars, holidays etc will never mean as much to me as having a child, and yet I've spent so much money on all those things in the past with barely a second thought. It's tough, no doubt.. But in the bigger picture i don't think I'll care in the end- I'll either have a child, or I'll die knowing I did every single thing I could to become a mother, and won't regret a single dollar spent..
    Yep, that was my attitude too. What better to spend our money on?

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (17-11-2015),MamaKes  (17-11-2015),Summer  (17-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for your support everyone! I totally understand that money doesn't even compare to having a child, but through these last few years of repeated miscarriages, grief, IVF etc I totalled my business. It was turning over seven figures and it's now bankrupt. I couldn't focus and I put staff in charge who ran it into the ground. So now I rely fully on my DH financially while I try and figure out what I'm going to do next. So I don't have enough $ to buy Christmas presents, let alone do anything slightly IVF related.

DH is very keen on DE, I don't have to convince him about that at all, but it's just a $$ thing. We're building a house and every cent is going into that, and because I'm now broke, I can't really argue. I did have a friend offer to donate her eggs here, which would be the cheapest DE option I imagine, so if she is genuine about it, we may go that direction and DH will have to fork out for it. I don't think a holiday would convince him that it's worth the $$ unfortunately. But I said I'd give things until the new year to settle and to regain my health and then we'll revisit it all. If there is no other option he may come to the party but there's no guarantee and he won't be happy about spending the money

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-11-2015),Blossom74  (17-11-2015),Bongley  (17-11-2015),Caesardust  (17-11-2015),MamaKes  (17-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    The Valium when taken in small doses for a short period of time is perfectly safe for the bubs Luv. I took it myself in the first trimester for RLP (round ligament pain). It's only an issue when taking it regularly in high doses (cause an addiction in the baby) or toward the end of your 3rd trimester in large doses (compromise their breathing when delivered). Wazza's an OB too Luv and wouldn't prescribe you or any of his other Ladies any drug that could hurt or harm mother/baby.

They do knock you around though, I understand what you're saying. They can make you feel like a total "Space Cadet" That's great that DP's been an excellent Nurse to you Luv...plus housekeeper/cook!!! Good on your Mum and SIL for dropping off provisions too

Never heard of the youfoodz??? Will check it out!!! A bit of online retail therapy is a good use of your awake time I reckon!!!

ETA- Don't know why I quoted that??? I'm away with the fairies and am stone cold straight and sober!!! LOFL!!!
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 17-11-2015 at 10:29.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (17-11-2015),JulieMalooley  (17-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    good luck everyone today. I'm in assignment panic (for the rest of this week) but will be checking in on my 'breaks'. I have my for all of you

oh, and afm af just showed up - 6 days late. so this natural cycle was a bust. I read sometimes the cycle can be delayed after a CP cycle, so I hope it was just this not perimenopause kicking in.
    Last edited by winsor; 17-11-2015 at 10:37.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-11-2015),Blossom74  (17-11-2015),Caesardust  (17-11-2015),JulieMalooley  (17-11-2015),Summer  (17-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by winsor View Post
    good luck everyone today. I'm in assignment panic (for the rest of this week) but will be checking in on my 'breaks'. I have my for all of you

oh, and afm af just showed up - 6 days late. so this natural cycle was a bust. I read sometimes the cycle can be delayed after a CP cycle, so I hope it was just this not perimenopause kicking in.

Frucking AF!!!! Bugger Luv, am sorry

Probably just a delay because of the CP I reckon. Good luck with your assignments Luv!!

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (17-11-2015),winsor  (17-11-2015)